IGNORED

What's a 300Z Fairlady-can I have a RH drive car here?

truckkingstu

Given that a reliable and reputable exporter / importer could be found, what is the going price for C10 a C110 in decent shape, ie no rust and mostly intact interior, in Japan?

They all have rust. Remember, these cars were basic everyday models (except for the GT-R) and were daily drivers. Until recently, Japanese law made it very difficult to keep cars older than 5-7 years old, and many were sent to the crushers to be recycled. Most of the survivors have been hot-rodded to some degree, and what you're willing to accept determines the price range. They start at about $4,000.00 USD for a rusty heap all the way up to $20,000.00+ USD for a fully restored stock or heavily modified car.

For starters, you can look at Car Sensor, Goo, Rocky Auto and Yahoo Japan to get a feel for what's out there. I paid just under $12,000.00 USD for mine and then almost as much to get it up to speed (brakes, shocks, clutch, tires, valve job, exhaust). Note: my car is 90% stock with "period" accessories (headers, exhaust system, Watanabe wheels) - - nothing exotic like triple webers/mikunis, big cam, racing seats, etc.

Could. Motorex is dead. That was a shady business and the guy who ran it is in a lot of trouble right now. There are no legal Skylines ( or other JDM car for that matter ) coming into the U.S. and won't be in the forseeable future.

oops... didn't know that! thanks for the heads up!