New member looking for a 240 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New member looking for a 240

Featured Replies

Hey Folks,

I checked out the classifieds, but there's not much for sale, or any recent additions........so, are any you looking to sell your 240?

I have been searching for a nice, decent, hopefully original 70-72 240. There have been a few on ebay with questionable character. If anyone is interested in selling please let me know.

Thanks,

Mally

Check Craigslist.com for your area and the immediate surrounding areas. Check out Zcar.com and Hybridz.com as well.

I found my 1972 240z in a Craigslist ad.

They're out there, Mally. See if you can make contact with a local Z club, too. There's been some nice ones recently here out West...

They're tough to find here in the East. Matter of fact, if Arne ever goes nuts and decides to sell his red car, Mally will have to get behind me in the line to buy it!

Fat chance, guys. The red car is staying. I'll be selling the yellow car before too long, but it's going to need a bit of rust repair. Nothing like what you folks back East are used to seeing, but it's still going to need some work.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That car would go for a pretty penny on this side of the Mississippi.

  • Author

Thanks for the input. By the way whats shipping cost running these days, if I found a car in CA and shipped it to TN I would think $1k or so, you guys have any experience with this.

Also any thoughts on a 72 with White interior and ele. ignigtion. There's a car in NC that the owner says is mostly original with exception to dist,fusebox,and 5 spd. asking $5900. Heres the link:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/3/1/86605631.htm

Thanks for the input. By the way whats shipping cost running these days, if I found a car in CA and shipped it to TN I would think $1k or so, you guys have any experience with this.

Also any thoughts on a 72 with White interior and ele. ignigtion. There's a car in NC that the owner says is mostly original with exception to dist,fusebox,and 5 spd. asking $5900. Heres the link:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/3/1/86605631.htm

I shipped a 3000gtvr4 from Mass to FL for $855.00

That car would go for a pretty penny on this side of the Mississippi.
It's not cheap even out here. It's a one owner car with all documentation, including window sticker. Only non-stock stuff are the wheels, carbs and front spoiler. (All original parts come with it, as well.) He's asking $10k for it.
Also any thoughts on a 72 with White interior and ele. ignigtion. There's a car in NC that the owner says is mostly original with exception to dist,fusebox,and 5 spd. asking $5900. Heres the link:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/3/1/86605631.htm

The key - as always with a Z - is rust. The NC car will need to be looked at by someone who knows where to look for Z rust.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.