IGNORED

ZCarGarage Photos

904Zster

Hi. I just wanted to post some photos from my recent trip to the ZCarGarage here in the Bay Area. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this shop, the owner Rob, and what kind of work they do. I was introduced to the shop by a local who knows the shop very well, and he highly recommended them to me. So, I have my 72 240Z at the shop right now, and I will have some work done by him. But I wanted to post some photos that I took while I was over there. Here you go, and enjoy!

post-13035-1415079889237_thumb.jpg

post-13035-14150798892859_thumb.jpg

post-13035-1415079889316_thumb.jpg

post-13035-14150798893446_thumb.jpg

post-13035-14150798893727_thumb.jpg

post-13035-14150798894021_thumb.jpg

I remember the cold night in 1999(?) that I met Rob on one of his first days to California. He promptly ushered me into the passenger seat of his turbocharged Datsun 510. We took a long back road in industrial San Jose to warm up the old L-Series, turned around, and with water injection armed and wastegate open to the atmosphere, I had my first pass in a 13 second Datsun. Rob is an amazing person, and I think my parents like him more than me. He is a busy guy, and says it like he sees it everytime, but he does everything right the first time.

Have a great weekend everyone.

j!:rambo:

904Zster... Is that an OS Giken head or a custom built head?? (Green engine thumbnail) I am interested in people who make 4valve heads for our engines. Years ago was a guy here in Orlando FL who used to make 4 valve heads for the L-series. It would be interesting to see if there are others.

Now that I've studied the picture I'm wondering if it is a L-24/26/28 motor or something else.

Curious,

Jim

904Zster... Is that an OS Giken head or a custom built head?? (Green engine thumbnail) I am interested in people who make 4valve heads for our engines. Years ago was a guy here in Orlando FL who used to make 4 valve heads for the L-series. It would be interesting to see if there are others.

Now that I've studied the picture I'm wondering if it is a L-24/26/28 motor or something else.

Curious,

Jim

Jim,

It IS something else...

Will

Curious,

Jim

The engine is a Nissan RB25DET.

Sorry. Just getting back to this post. Been away for a while. Yes, I met Rob a couple of times, and he definitely seems to know what he's doing. The quality of the cars that he builds and fixes, and the recommendations that I've heard speak for themselves. To answer the inquiry by JimmyZ, Yes, that green engine is out of a Skyline, and fitted into a 240. Beautiful car. Sounded amazing!