IGNORED

Buyer Beware!

troubledz

I know you didn't get quite what you bargained for but it still sounds like you got a pretty good deal considering the selection of cars on that side of the US. Time to break out sawz'all, the nibbler,the welder and get to work. :) Don't forget to post some pics for us auto body noobs.

• 1 month later...

Well i have taken the car apart.. and WOW! is this thing not what i expected..

so i'm almost done all the welding.. put in the new floor pans,rebuilt the firewall around the battery tray, and bottom of both quarter panel dog legs.. and the just small patches all over.. well now the fun stuff happens.. fittinf the new sheet metal. and plastic work..

Here are a few pics so far..

Oh ya I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Yes, where are the pictures?

Although I'm biased, you have got to love that Datsun Red!!!!! (red 110)...

I always thought it was a different shade of orange...or is that how your avatar picture came out, and it is the normal orange?

I'm glad to hear that you've got a lot of the work done!! Besides the stuff you are doing, hopefully all of the other descriptions that the PO said in his ad were more or less true, because with the welding word, and repaint, you have a real nice Z.....I wish mine was in that condition, to tell you the truth.

Have a Merry Christmas!! Screw Seasons Greetings.

• 2 weeks later...

i hear your pain....I just coughed up $3500 for a '73 240 with a V8 conversion because the guy told me that the 327 in it was rebuilt 500 miles before it was parked....in '86. he even showed my receipts for the engine parts. I tore the engine out as soon as I got home with it to clean it up, and the engine has at least 100K on.....its toast, the block, the heads, everything. Machined to the limit and well worn from there. The only reason I paid this much for it was because I thought I was getting a fresh 327. It happens. Fortunately, I live about 5 miles from the seller and plan on paying him a visit this week, you are not so lucky.

lbhsbz, Sorry to here about your purchase. it sucks when people lie to you.. But Hey live and learn. as for my car, maybe i am being to critical. I see what alot of people are rebuilding and when I re look mine i figure its not in that bad of shape for a 35 year old car that has no primer in the hidden spots..

Hope you can come to some agreement with the PO...Good luck..

keep me posted on how the 327 works in the car as i was thinking about doing that..

Cheers,