Sign in to follow this  
73skyline

datsun 240K carpet kit

hey all

i was browsing through ebay and saw some vender selling pre-molded carpet kits for 1978-1981 datsun 240K's

my question is...is the 78-81 240ks the same as the older ones per say....1973???? if so i may have a new carpet kit on the way..thanks

heres the link to them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=180027313398&rd=1

mikey

78-81 is the C210 skyline, so yes, they would be very different

they definately do C110 carpet kits on ebay in australia

i've got one of these kits in my car, and the fit & finish isn't so hot

if you haven't already bid, i'd suggest having the carpet done by a upholstery shop

hey guys,

just a heads up, never deal with a "company" called aus classics... i bought a set of carpets from them befoer christmas telling them that they i needed to recieve them by the first week of january to go in Brian's car before it shipped to him.

it didn't turn up until mid january (missed the boat so to speak!), so they said they would refund my money (i posted the carpets back the same day i received them). even though the guy promised to refund all of my money, it has taken 3 months, multiple unreturned phone calls and emails, and finally the threat of filing a police report against him to finally get my money back (after all that he wouldn't even refund my original shipping cost).

Do not deal with this guy, there are cheaper, better companies to buy through like.. http://www.tru-fitcarpets.com.au/

i wonder if they are the same outfit that sells on fleabay?

anyway, i'm in the process of ripping out that carpet kit; it's really the worst i've ever seen, and it's only a year old

i will try and find the reciept for the 1st set of carpets i bought a couple of years ago at summernats.. those where the best that i have seen! it was a place in melbourne i think

sorry it took me so long.. it was definately tru-fit (it was a 2 piece st that i ordered at summernats one year).. it was a few years back now (maybe 3-4 years..) but i am hoping they still do them! it was so cheap too.. $129 shipped!! for the best carpet they did (which is now in bonzelite's car :) ) maybe the c210 ones are the same?

if you can convince them to find the mould, and get a good price, let me know! i need 2 sets! (i tried a set off ebay, and it was nowhere near as good)

duh sorry... i meant, maybe the c110 sedan is the same (i read somewhere that the floorpan was almost identical.. but this could have been based on the later c210)

Don't buy the ones from Queensland Quality moulded carpets, they advertise in street machine as doing the 1973 skyline coupe or sedan, when the kit I bought arrived it didn't fit the front section of my car at all. After speaking to the guy he admitted to me that they just sent me a 200b coupe kit not a 240k kit. The rear section was almost exactly right but I had to take the front section in to get fixed, there was too much excess on the transmission tunnel so I had to get it cut down the middle to take the excess removed.

It looks alright now but I had my girlfriend help me put it in (very bad idea) and now one side in the front is further back than the other. Don't get a girl to help you put it in is what I'm trying to say I suppose.

i am going to get the C210 skyline carpet from tru-fit..

I bought a set from them around 4 years ago at summernats, and they were really good! they don't specifically list the 240K now, but from everything i have read C210 should fit (and i presume that is what i had, there would be no reason for them to stop selling c110 ones!). if only i was at that stage so i could confirm :)

do not buy the ones from ebay either.. but i have already said that

ok sweet think ill hold out till some one buys one from tru-fit and confirms they fit, bit un keen to buy one and if it doesnt fit having to send it back to aussie.

I got my set from tru-fit in Dandy, Victoria, and it seams to fit quite well, apart from my poor carpet cutting skills, im quite happy with the quality.

ill get some pics tonight, i got black, super plush i think, it was over 2 years ago now, im almost shore that back then they had c110 240k, 2 peace, much better than the 5 peace, original!

maybe if we get numbers up, then we can convince them to dig out the old stencil for the 240k.. i would definatly be in for 2 sets

just sent em another email.. fingers crossed (again), hopefully now we know they sold it 2 years ago.. they may find it..

mastadd, are you sure you didn't use the C210 one? they list it on their site as 240k (but year is 78+)

i just went thru a mag, with there add and one from knox auto carpet from 2000,

And it still only listed c210! so it could be that i got a C210 one and didnt even relise or they didnt tell me, but by all acounts it fits so i guess that helps, ill go and get some photos right now

awesome mate, thanks fo that, was there much cutting required? the set i had was very good, just needed to cut the underlay to fit

Needed to cut holes for the Go Pedal, And a few for the screws under the center console, and also 2 slits cut out to fit around part of the air box i think, And Cut all the underlay, but that may be because i just brought a roll of underlay,

Pics!!!

sorry for the poor quality, my flood lights were missing but u should get the idea:

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00345.jpg