My third 240Z - Page 5 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My third 240Z

Featured Replies

On the wheel issue, I personally tend to prefer the Konig Rewinds (I have a set of 15" graphites on my '71) or even a set of the ZXT swastikas.

Nice car, Arne. Enjoy it!

  • Author

I've been looking at Konigs, but there are some issues for my uses. One is that I want to stay 14" and am not certain I want to go 7" wide on 14s. The other is the center cap problem on 240Zs.

I'm not considering any of the later ZX wheels, none of them are vintage-looking enough for me. Otherwise I'd polish up the set of six-spokes from my parts car.

I'm not considering any of the later ZX wheels, none of them are vintage-looking enough for me. Otherwise I'd polish up the set of six-spokes from my parts car.

While I do like the look of some of the later factory wheels on a 240Z, I agree they are not a vintage look.

WIll

  • Author

Yeah, I like the six-spokes for a mildly modified 240Z. But not quite right for this car.

I had a sunroof installed in my original Z, and I loved it-the extra light and air it allowed in. Never had a problem with leaking, but the headliner started to loosen up and I (being not too handy or knowledgeable on the subject of repairing it) tried rather unsuccessfully to repair it and was never happy with the way it looked again.

-Mikey

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.