Offset help - Page 4 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Offset help

Featured Replies

anyone know where you can buy those watanabe rs's?

anyone know where you can buy those watanabe rs's?

You meant RS Watanabe right not watanabe rs's?

watanabe_logo.gif

In the picture above post #36 those are RS Watanabe R Type. They also made the A Type and RS-8 to name a few.

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/userspage_new/nissan.htm Scroll down half way to Fairlady. Most of the pics when you click on them give you size, offset and what model.

I purchased mine from: http://www.wheelchoice.com/

Here is another one that has them that I dealt with also: http://takumiproject.com/brand.asp?brand=RS%20WATANABE

  • Author
What I meant by the 9" statement was for the 255/40-17 tire I am running you could use a 9" rim also (because I am using a 9.5" rim in the event I want to go to a 275mm tire).

Because you are only going to a 235mm tire you maybe able to squeeze the 8.5" rim in the rear. I know that I've used a 245/45-16 tire on a 8" rim without flares. The limiting factor is the 5" backspacing with coil-overs. You don't want your tire/rim combination to look like 240zTT in my opinion, especially if you plan to race your Z.

The picture of my Z you referenced does have a rear flare (about 1"). I made the flare follow the factory lines so it isn't obvious (I guess it worked!). The other picture of my Z you can better see the rear flare http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13913

HEY THANKS FOR YUOR HELP AND EVERYONE...

IM LOOKING TOWARDS FOR THAT 1" FLARES, BUT DONT KNOW YET ALSO WITH THE 0" OFFSET HOW MANY INCH WOULD I HAVE ON THE DISH, OR IS THAT ANOTHER THINGS I HAVE TO LOOK FOR. OR DO THEY ALL COMES IN THE SAME INCH WHEN YOU GO BY OFFSET...:stupid:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.