IGNORED

Japanese Geisha Culture

26th-Z

Interesting video on MSN today. A National Geographic blurb about Geisha girls and their role in Japanese culture. Thought you would be interested. http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=21338D7C-8003-41F6-A241-D57E3CBE69E2&t=m205&f=06/64&p=Source_National%20Geographic%20Channel&GT1=8506

Tounge-N-Cheek, I have always said that 26th was a Geisha before she became a garage queen. I don't know about 27th. I think she was more of a pole dancer from the looks of her. Have a look at the video and see if the description of the Geisha role doesn't sound like your Z car!

If anyone is interested I have a ton of links regarding Japanese history that also serve to tell the story of Japan. These were accumulated when taking a 400 level Japanese history course last semester---the reading ballooned up to 300-400 pages per week as the course came to a close.

Chris,

I always chuckle when you compare 26 and 27 to their place in society as Japanese pleasure companions. Maybe 27 was sent to the Philippines or Thailand early in her career?

I studied Asian Studies at the University of Maryland while stationed at Yokosuka Japan, it was so interesting I majored in it....what does it get you? Not much, but I have no regrets. The 400 level course sounds very interesting as well. My 3 years of being stationed there gave me lots of oppurtunities to visit many historical sites throughout ther great Tokyo region. I am one of those guys who does a lot of channel surfing with the remote, if I happen to catch something about Japanese history pre WWII I never hesitate to stop on it and watch. Japan is a beautiful country, loved driving and living there.

• 1 year later...

Someone else who gets regular telephone solicitations from the Terps, huh?

My wife and I both were UM College students while I was stationed in Okinawa.

Taking Dr. Warners 'The Okinawan War' course was an eerie adjunct when you realize you live on "H" Beach!

Then again, having the knowledge to start hoppin' down the sidewalk with your feet together, arms outstretched, when you're covered head-to-toe with Bondo Dust after a long day at the hobby shop working on the Z....making carloads of young, superstitious Japanese Girls Shriek "Kyonji!" and speed away is worth all those hours, right? LOL (Myths and Legends of the Ryukyu Islands...typical UMC Class, right??? Hell, we even named our cat "Kijimunna" for the little mischevious spirits that make all those unexplainable little accidents happen---the Japanese Equivalent of "Gremlins" I suppose...)

So what goes, is Lenny going to be retiring this year? Time for a New ZCCSD Prez, will that be you? LOL