IGNORED

usa old school nissan skyline owners

77JAPAN

Lachlan,

That is the four door GC10 that is now being restored in Texas. I think the guys name was Tom.

Brian

Brian,

Correct you are. He was a nice guy when I sold it to him. I tried contacting him several times and no reply... :ermm:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/668866

I'd love to get another one. I would sell my 240Z in a heart beat.

Thomas H Fotheringham. A nice bloke. He has a Cardomain appearance...just can't find it for the moment, I just realised I havn't spoken with him since late 2004!!

Yes he is I sold it to him in 2000 and he disappeared until I seen his profile on www.zcar.com with the cardomain link. he is going all out on her. Now I can afford it she's gone :(

Lachlan,

That is the four door GC10 that is now being restored in Texas. I think the guys name was Tom.

Brian are you still bringing GC10/GC110 over from Japan? If this is the same Brian with the GC10 we talked a few years ago after you got yours. I don't know if you remember me or not.

Yes Joe, I remember speaking with you. The first time was back before I bought my KGC10. I think you had just sold the 4 door or thereabouts. I am still bringing cars over. I have recently sold my KGC10 and am looking for another to bring in. I have a KHGC110 coming up from Aus. as well. These are the two models I have wanted to have side by side in my garage for a while. I went overboard on my KGC10 and will most likely just buy as pristine a model as I can and leave it alone this time. The GC110 will get some kind of RB swap, I'm just not sure what yet. After I get these both where I want them, I plan to look into expanding my collection. Ultimately I want to find a Prince Skyline GT-B, GC10 4 door, and a DR30. It will take me some time, but hopefully I can pull it off. As for now, I'm going to remain focused on just the two.

Brian

Yes Joe, I remember speaking with you. The first time was back before I bought my KGC10. I think you had just sold the 4 door or thereabouts. I am still bringing cars over. I have recently sold my KGC10 and am looking for another to bring in. I have a KHGC110 coming up from Aus. as well. These are the two models I have wanted to have side by side in my garage for a while. I went overboard on my KGC10 and will most likely just buy as pristine a model as I can and leave it alone this time. The GC110 will get some kind of RB swap, I'm just not sure what yet. After I get these both where I want them, I plan to look into expanding my collection. Ultimately I want to find a Prince Skyline GT-B, GC10 4 door, and a DR30. It will take me some time, but hopefully I can pull it off. As for now, I'm going to remain focused on just the two.

Brian

Did you have the GC10 with the RB26 and the gold wheels your wife called her the mistress? I would love to have another GC10 4 door (silver) next to my '71 240Z (silver) in the garage. I did same years but screwed up thanks USAF...!

Just a few questions: How much are the GC10 4-doors going for compared to the 2 door Ken & Mary? A Ken & Mary 2 door is my strong second choice but the R30 is also nice since those you can bring in now per the DOT 25 year old rule.

One more thing is it more difficult to import the GC10 since the Motorex issue or has nothing changed, I would imagine not. Do you just have to pay for shipping and the import fees without having a RI correct?

Well enough questions I don't want to hijack this thread anymore....:stupid:

the dr30 is great, but in california they need to be epa/c.a.r.b. certified, which can cost thousands. btw, that red car has been certified. if you're not in calif. then it don't matter to you of course

the r32 gt-r is even greater, but those are even more difficult and costly to legalize in calif.

a guy in san diego recently bought a junker r32 gt-r and had $40k usd into it by the time he got it certified, and it's bone stock and needs tons of work like engine/susp. mods, wheels, seats, not to mention a respray

I had spoken to him about the DR30. He is not asking all that much for it really. I was seriously debating on buying that or the KenMary. In the end the C110 was too tempting. My wife is already upset with me for buying a second Skyline without having finished the first, so a third will be some time away.

As for your question about the KGC10, the motor was sold a long time back and she has just been sitting since. I had kicked around the idea of selling it and someone eventually made a pretty good offer. So far I just have a deposit, but I think it's as good as sold.

For the money, the KenMary is a good choice. Both mine and Matts are Australian models which can be had for a very reasonable amount. Shipping from Aus. is more than it is from Japan, but overall the pricing is a lot better. As for the 4 door GC10, those are still a decent amount these days. Figure $8k-$10k for a good one. The 2 doors are ranging from $14k-$20k for really nice ones. A Japanese model KGC110 is going for about the same these days, while a clean Aus. model KHGC110 can be had for under $5k. Quite a difference as you can see. The only thing to keep in mind with these though is that most of the ones in Japan will already be GT-R clones. The Aus. ones will need to have all those parts sourced still. So add another $1k or so.

Brian