Lock Install on New Dash - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Lock Install on New Dash

Featured Replies

I'm finally putting the new parts in my dash. I just finished some vinyl trimming & now I have to drill the hole for the lock. I've received advice about using my Dremel & going slow. I've also been told to use an X-acto knife and trim away the foam backing but cut the vinyl into strips and fold back into the hole to make it a snug fit.

The thing that bothers me is that no one has ever mentioned the black metal ring that is around the lock on my old dash. It has four clips that seat into the dash. Does anyone have any advice on how this piece goes in securely? I can just try it but I'd like to know if there's been anyone with experience with this before I try.

post-4320-1415079835876_thumb.jpg

The legs actually are there to hold the ring to the lock, place the ring on the lock and look for the scratches where it was removed. the ring is to hide the edges of the hole in the dash covering.

Will

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.