ZX Dizzy Connections - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

ZX Dizzy Connections

Featured Replies

the orientation in the pic is the correct orientation with the engine at TDC (#1 compression).

And a quick question: if its still not running then why do think your new dizzy orientation and firing order is now correct? Not flaming you, but is there something that happened after you changed all this that led you to believe things were better afterward?

Here is a thought about your timing. The base that the dist goes into and bolt to . If the one you are using is from the 240 dist. it will not work and the timing will be way off. The mounting bolt is positioned in a different place on the 240 mount than the ZX mount . If you bought a rebuilt dist. they don't come with this part. This just a thought. My ZX ignition and 240 tach work fine in my '73 . Unlike what the geocities information said. By the way that site is a wealth of information , however over the years I have found a few things that were inaccurate , but minor things . Gary

  • Author

jfairladyz,

I think it will run but it was later last night when I got finished with it and I wanted to have a little time to work any kinks out before I fire it up. I am 99% sure it will run. I will find out today. I should have added that tidbit to my previous post.

Zack,

You've probably already noticed, it appears your radiator and your cooling fan have been in a fight.

  • Author

Yeah, Steve, I noticed. It was like that when I got it and it seems to cool pretty well. It ain't broke, so I ain't gonna fix it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

The car fired right up this afternoon and it's running great (as far as I can tell). Thanks to everyone for your help.

Zack

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.