IGNORED

New Semester at College

TomoHawk

Well... Today is the first day back at school for the local comminity college, and the parking lot is filled with...RICE! I even saw a riced 5.0 Mustang on the way there (only 1.5 miles.) It was pink with clear taillights, flares & skinny tires, and a few bumper stickers on the front chin spoiler.

In the parking lot, I saw half a dozen subarus with the huge spoiler, and then a few pontiacs, Honhuhs, and a couple Citations with them too.

Not to mention most of the cars in the 'Employee section' didn't have the permit sticker in the window...:angry: "There was no other place to park!" they'll say. Next week they'll get cited.

This is the first full week of classes here at WCU, where I attend (non-traditional student, i.e. adult) full time for communications/radio & tv broadcasting. While there are a few "riced" vehicles here, the majority are stock. There is more of a "bling" aspect here, big rims, spinners, blacked out windows and the like.

On a good note, though, I am no longer the only classic(ish) Z(X) driver on campus.

I spotted (and invited to this site) a fairly nice gold 280z. I left a note on the windscreen, didn't want to wait around for who knows how long to invite the owner in person.

So, yes, there are people who do unspeakably bad things regarding automotive taste out there, but there are still those who appreciate cars with a bit of patina, even younger students.

This is my second week of the semester here are Consumnes River College, and so far, I believe I'm the only guy with a 240Z! I could be wrong, but I have yet to see any other Z's in the parking lot, but I did see a few Z32's. I parked behind this half body kit modified civic today, it had the wide fenders in the rear, but none of the wide body bumpers, doors, nothing. It's like the arse end of the car was bloated.

Well I don't attend school but I do go to work on an Army base with quite a few ricers. They used to give me sh!t about the 280 until I raced a couple of the guys on the street. Its not hard to beat a Honda who can only go 80 85 tops due to the computer.

Ever sence I bought the 300ZXTT I have had no more problems from anyone at work. I guess they know the Z is faster than a fly on crack.

• 4 weeks later...
Its not hard to beat a Honda who can only go 80 85 tops due to the computer.

QUOTE]

???

My old '92 Accord 4dr started to lift off at 110 mph, limited at 126 (according to the manual).

Anyways, I digress.

This is my main concern about driving the Z to school-inconsiderate illegal parkers who drive huge SUVs and block me in. Not pictured is the Expidition on my driver side who was parked legally, but a little too close for my taste.

I thought about hanging around for the Jeep's owner, just to see the look on his/her face when they figure out it was towed (at my requestROFL ) but I had better things to do.

post-11908-14150798491581_thumb.jpg