Injector wires - Page 4 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Injector wires

Featured Replies

I bought new clips similar to those Stephen has, with appropriate crimp connectors so that I would make up an oem looking harness that would be easily removeable, and have much greater longevity. They were not expensive, allowed me to have new components with current materials, and continuous runs of wire between the connectors.

Will

Well, I just wasted 1 1/2 hrs going to the "pick-a-Part" where you can't pick your own parts! First, they (some girl with a rough voice) ask you what CAR (singular) you are looking for, and then they tell you "we don't got any OLD cars. Nothing older than 5 years. Then they don't have any imports, except for some rebuildable 350Zs that were recently totalled.

I would have to either buy the whole car or a whole engine (with a warrantee) to get the injector connectors, or any part.

All the other JYs in Ohio are the same. Greedy fools.

BTW, the injector connectors on my 97 escort will fit, but they don't have boots- just a length of protectove tubing (like shrink tube.)

Back to the Bosch connector at NAPA...

IMO, the (local) pick-N-pulls just want to pick your wallet!

Stephen-

how much would you want for a set of injector connectors? The ones in the article will cost you $120 to do an engine...

Oh, I don't know. I don't presently have a complete spare set. I'll look for some next time I go 'yard raiding. They don't charge much for them at all. You don't have self service junkyards in Ohio?

There used to be self-service junk yards. For $20, you take off a hood, pile stuff on it and drag it out. "All you can carry" night.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.