IGNORED

What is Rice?

hls30.com

ARE YOU JOKING?

No! In the DD class, I'm entitled to certain custom interior appointments, and since my dash emblem is period-correct, and tastefully done, it'll stay. I don't think I'll put a Ferrari horn button on the steering wheel, or cavallino decals on the wheels tho.

cheers

When I hear about rice with cars it brings to mind rice burners which are the small over seas cars....Not sure if this is what you mean or not....
When I got my other 280Z in 1993, people referred to it as a rice burner, because it was an Asian import. Not what it means now.

I couldn't get anything from that link (need to join first?), could you give some directions? What forum section & topic name?

BTW, the video sucked. Actually, the web server was so slow it took 15 minutes to see the video, and if you restarted, it would buffer data for a minute, then play 5 seconds worth, etc...

thx

It looks like after the latest update you do have to sign up. But you can find a lot of the same pictures on anti-Rice's fourm.

Be sure to look at all of the pictures. This car covers everything mentioned so far and more ...
Not only that, but the supports for that (wooden!??) wing look like they're pieces of conduit pipe!

Civic LX "type R" huh? (oxymoron)

Anyb ody have a graphic of a Type R decal? I've never seen one.

Originally posted by: TomoHawk

snip...the supports for that (wooden!??) wing look like they're pieces of conduit pipe!

:P Reminds me of a 240Z I saw back in the mid-late 80's. From a distance I noticed it had side pipes, so I drove over to get a look and about busted a gut when I saw what he had done.

He had a rain gutter down spout coming out from under the front wheel well, connected to gutter pipe that ran the entire length of the rocker panel and was finished off with another down spout that curved out parallel to the ground! And it all was attached with a ton of pop rivets!

Man, I sure wish they had digital cameras back then! LOL LOL

Just so you understand, a real spoiler on a real racecar needs to be that high to be functional, BUT, in that case, its rice. :sick:

Yeah, I'm aware. Real race cars go much faster than that lame rsx can go, so therefore a larger spoiler for more downforce at higher speeds. But of course race cars are almost all rear wheel drive...

damn...those rice car got nothin on my co-worker's Madza/Lexus/Acura. Its a Mazda but it had a few Lexus logos and Acura emblem on it so I took me awhile to figure out what it really was.It really look like a mid90's Lexus though. It also had DOCH VTec on the side. Also strobe headlights that can't be turn of so it flash on and off every 5 seconds or so. And I do think that "F" 250 GTO is rice because when I saw a Supra with Mercedes CLK conversion I said it was riced out and also a honda prelude that had the Skyline conversion. I think if its in the same family than it'll not be rice like a S13 with R32 conversion(Bodystlye is almost the same not sure about chassis/frame). Just my 2 cents...Don't Flame Me Z-Brothers.

Real race cars go much faster than that lame rsx can go

Trust me... a stock 240Z will never hang with a stock RSX. I've seen bolt-on turbo kits(no internal work done and yes real kits do come with bigger injectors... he must've been boosting really high but who doesn't) on a RSX Type S and it was doing high 11s. Try that on a L24e...you can probably do it because anything is possible but I've never seen it done. Didn't mean to bust your balls. To the eyes of some or alot of RSX owners...Zs a are lame also.

And I do think that "F" 250 GTO is rice
Then you should call those hot rods, street rods and megabuck custom cars rice too. The purpose-built replicas shouldn't be considered rice, unless you look MUCH deeper. Mostly, you'll see real performance engines (like an L28 or BMW V12 even) and other "approved" upgrades to the car, but none of the S30 replica cars should be thought of as rice. :angry::finger:

If it was rice, you wuldn't see them at concours car shows!:bunny:

Will- he's calling your GTO rice!