IGNORED

Wheel and Tire size

John72

I realize questions like this get asked alot, not on this board apperently, but I have gone through the archives and can not find exactly what I am looking for. I would like to put the largest diamater wheels on my 240 that I can. I was aiming for 17's. Is this going to be a problem if I have the car lowered one inch? Also, what exactly do I need to know about the size of the tire and the wheel spacing or the offset?

Thanks for having patience with the newb.

John

John, it sounds like you realize the myriad of variables involved in this simple question. The absolute best thing you can do is go to a Z show and look and talk. You will see under the fender, sticking out of the fender and everything in between. Find something you like and take notes.

If that's not possible, lower your car first, then measure and determine the over-all tire diameter you desire. For instance, if you decide you can fit 25" of tire in there, it is really easy to do the calculations for 15's, 16's or 17's and what size tire would give you your overall 25". playing with offests and tire widths depends on brake mods, fender mods, spring stiffness, etc. etc. etc.... Find a good tire and wheel shop that is willing to take a few things on and off for you. Believe me, they will do it. All jesting aside, the 'Ricer' thing has been the best thing that ever happened to wheel and tire shopping.

Good luck

steve77