Window Visors - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Window Visors

Featured Replies

Are there any compatible window visors for a 280Z? It might be nice to use on the highwayto deflect some air from making it TOO windy inside, and hopefully removable for showing.

thx.

Do you mean the louvers? They're removeable, but they leave these screws that stick up where the bottom bolts down, at least they did when my Z had one. You can get the louvers through MSA and BlackDragonAuto I believe.

  • Author

No, not the louvers that go on the back window, I'm referring to those wind deflectors that go on the side windows. They are also called louvers.

I don't suspect there are any made to fit a Z however, modifications to aftermarket units may do the trick. They would likely be a nice addition for drives with the window down.

Oh, so your talking about wind deflectors? I thought you meant that thing that you see on some cars and trucks that hangs off the front of the roof and extends about 6" or so over the front window. I'm glad that's not what you meant though you have come up with some wierd stuff in the past, but I digress. I don't think anyone actually makes or made wind deflectors for an S30 but I have seen them on a couple of Zs so they must have been modified to fit as 240ZX indicated.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

The only issue I see about mounting the side window deflector is that you couldn't stick it to the top of the window frame, because of the weather strip. Maybe, if it was thin enough, You could stick it on and put the weatherstrip over it.

Steven-

I think you are probably talking about the visors like the ones that go on old cars & trucks? I've never seen them on new cars & trucks.

Looks like time for some shopping.

STEPHEN not Steven, it's in my signature, but again I digress. Those visors I described were on older cars and trucks but back to the deflectors. I looked to those a while back but decided that they would have to be mounted on the outer edge of the window frame with screws (no way!) or double sided tape, hard to remove and a mess to clean up. Let me know if you come up with anything better.

  • Author

Sorry, Stephen I have signatures off (they use up the screen.)

The only way I can think of to mount a deflector without having anything messy showing is something that goes into the indow channel and held in place by having the window up (Duh) or to clamp onto the rain gutter.

Some of the newer ones had stainless tabs that went into the window channel between the run and the door frame. The deflectors were attached to the tabs with rivets (I think). Haven't seen them in awhile.

  • Author

I will have to hunt up some stores that carr that stuff next week.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.