IGNORED

1980 280ZX wheel color on Silver 1977 280Z.. suggestions?

BuDavid

Zbane,

I was asking about the clear coating, I heared that it will peel off without primer layer under it! I dont know if it is true or not, but I'll ask further, one more thing, it wont become soft (the surface of the coated area)? because it is rough metal right now or I guess it is called sand blasted..

if all of the above is correct, shall I paint it with the exact color of the metal itself?

thanks for the help..

I dont know really what to do man:( I really want to keep them the way they are, but a friend told me it will catch too much dirt and brake carbon, is it bad? I think it will be good since I want to make it darker?;)

I'll just wait for my springs to arrive then I'll make the big step!

I'll post a picture with the new springs+struts & wheels:)

maybe after a mounth, I'm broke right now

:(

Here's an example of gunmetal, hope it helps.

Twins_02.jpg

I got the impression that there was a community of Jags? That reminds me of a few communities in the States where everybody own airplanes and the runway in just past your back yard! Would you consider an airplane hangar as a 3 1/w2- car garage?

Something to do with your $200 Mill MegaLotta winnings- a neiborhood of Z owners!...

our guys here are not proffessional in paint work, I'm afraid if I clear coat it it would look like a candy bar! if the surface is rough, wouldn''t it hod dirt anyway even if it has clear coat on it? besides, the iedea of having dirty dark areas next to shiny patterns seems to me classy.. I want them to look old a bit, what do you think?:s

thanks..

Nothing wrong with a nice patina, but keeping them with that "perfect" amount of coloring may prove difficult.

Putting a clearcoat over should smooth out the rough, dimpled surface areas, but you should still be able to see contrast in texture through the coat.

ok zbane, I'm considering that, but forgive me if I dont clear coat it:nervous:

what about the center caps? mine have the "Z" black backgroud peeled off, shall I make them black or same mat color as the grey areas of the wheels?

I dont have to attach a picture right? I hope the wuestion is clear..

cheerz

I'm in the same boat, my black backgrounds are coming out as well.

In your case, I would make them black again, just to stand out a little bit more. Having them black against a greyish background (the cross) would not be intrusive, and would be a nice contrast.