IGNORED

240z brake master differences (S1 vs later)

240znz

I am looking to either rebuild my master brake cylinder on my series 1. But after scouting and finding out that rebuild kits are not available, what are the issues facing me if I just put the later 240z verison in there. One came with the car and is NOS.

Yes I will have to redirect the lines as the are swapped about (front is rear and vice versa) and install new lines from the master to the pressure switch of course to get around the LHD vs RHD issue.

Are there any physical differences I need to know about that could effect connection with the booster or anything else I may have missed?

Thanks guys.

Yes, you can't use a 280Z brake booster on anything earlier than 72 240Z because of clutch master interference. I just replace my 35 year old booster the other day. It started leaking with a hiss, and my car runs better now with the new one.

• 3 years later...