IGNORED

rpm`s just drop off!

zxjuiced

Need help! while driving my tack drops off to zero,engine stops running then comes right back! usually happens while cruising in 5th gear, can happen several times in a span of a few minutes most of times it does`nt happen at all.. the engine usually returns to life own it`s own or I just hit the key and it starts back up! it even happened while sitting at a redlight! car just stops running! but starts right back up with the turn of the key!

i know it`s just a matter of time and I`m going to get stranded somewhere!

what could be cause this speratic power loss???

Seeing as no one else has responded yet I suppose I could chime in here.

It might help others to know what kind of car we're talking about to begin with. With a name like ZXJuiced, my assumption is that we're talking about a 280ZX?

When you say the RPM's "just drop off" do you mean that the car simply acts as though you've turned it off and it shuts down smoothly, or do you mean that it sort of staggers, briefly fighting for life before dying down?

... Either condition I think could suggest a different source for the problem.

I had something like this happen with my old Accord-for the Honda it was a faulty starter switch (not where you put the key-don't check the wrong part) that had to be replaced. You may have a different problem, but the symptoms are identical to what I experienced.

zbane

yes it a 1980 280ZX N/A EFI....... it shuts down smooth, just like someone reach over annd turned the key off!

Sounds to me like zbane hit it right on the head. When I had that same problem in my 810 it turned out the be the electrical switch on the back of the ignition cylinder. Fairly easy fix.