71 turn switch in a 73 wil it fit? help plaese!!!!! - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

71 turn switch in a 73 wil it fit? help plaese!!!!!

Featured Replies

My turn signal switch broke in my 73 240. I am looking at a 71 switch on ebay does any body know if it will fit? Ihere are a few pics.I need help cuase the law man has pulled me over and he gave me a warning to get it fixed. I dont wont to pay any more tickets. Can i wire it up to fit? help me please.

post-9791-14150797733393_thumb.jpg

post-9791-14150797733716_thumb.jpg

When you say 'broke' do you mean physically broken or electrically broken? If it just isn't working any more, but is still in tact, you may want to try cleaning off the contacts.

If it is broken, well I have a '70 240 and I installed a different switch. Not sure if it was a '72 or not, but the angle was slightly different (now it sometimes bumps my leg while I am driving). Other than the annoying angle the different switch works fine.

  • Author

Yeah it is def broke. Its the white plastic piece that is hooked to the rod that is broke. I have tried to repair it with glue but it didnt work.I think my baby girl pulled down on it too far when she wasplaying in there. Lesson Learned. Never let your Kidstrash you r car.LOL thanks for the help. I will prolly buy it and try it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm pretty certain that the connectors for the '71 switch are not the same as for the '73. You may be able to get it to work if you re-wire things a little, though.

OR

Cannibalize the 73 switch for the parts you need to repair the 71.

E

Since my dash is out, I thought I'd post the connectors to suppliment Arne's reply. 1 bullet connector, 2 spade style connections

post-8308-14150797736905_thumb.jpg

post-8308-14150797737243_thumb.jpg

My 70 is the same as the one Bryan posted. the difference is the wire colors do not match but, the function is the same. The ground wire going from the turn switch to the combo switch is red instead of black.

Just a FYI,

A 1974.5 big bumper 260z turn signal switch plugged right into my 10/71 1972 240z...different year than yours however.

Looks like I may have bad info. It now looks as if it might work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.