What the hell are these? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What the hell are these?

Featured Replies

I am really stuck with this one..I have a 74 260z w/ a 78 280 engine and a 78 5 speed transmission..Under the dashboard(driver's side next to the hood release and the passenger's side under glove box) I have two identical pull levers(one on each side. What the heck could they be for? I have not seen anything like it in any other car (albeit I have only had one other car this old)..Does anyone have any ideas? I thought that maybe it would be beause of a bypassed manual choke, but the center console mounted choke seems to work fine:cry: Help me

Don't know about the '74, but on my '71 what you've described sounds like the fresh-air vent controls.

On my 71 the pull levers open and close the air vents above the nob.

Those are the fresh air vents. Pull on them and they open up a small door to get a breeze into the car. That was common on cars in the '60's. One of those quaint little features of an old Z.

Open 'em up and enjoy!

Marty

I think on the English 240-007 this was the villian (spouse) ejection lever :classic:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.