v8 conversion help pleasee - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

v8 conversion help pleasee

Featured Replies

i have the JTR motor mount kit.. it didnt come with any instructions i was wondering if anyone who has done it can help me PLEASE!!!!!....which spacers go where??? pictures if possbile thankz

as per my short experience, guys on www.hybridz.org are good at it (I dont mean that our guys are not good) but people here are mostly a "classiczcars" fans..

I hope that u get the answer soon..

cheerz

I dont have a clue about the JTR kit and chevy motors...I always did v8 conversions with Ford 5.0 motors. Sorry no help here, however www.hybridz.org may be of help.

hey i have a book on it. if you are refering to the 2 aluminum or steel, 0.5" thick, then they are supossed to go between the front crossmember and the car body(frame rails). they lower the front crossmember (engine) 0.5" it allows for the engine to be in the setback position. hope that helps

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I happen to have an extra JTR manual. If you want it let me know. I think they sell for $40+ bucks. I'll sell it to you for $10.00 plus $2.00 shipping. Just PM me if you are interested.

The JTR manual is almost a must for a V8 swap. There's tons of good info there.

So far as the mounts, the setback plates bolt to the block, and the spacers go between the mounts and the plates. The thicker spacer goes on the drivers side.

jt

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.