IGNORED

brick wall meets 240z:I need help

andrewg3300

A while back, my car came out of gear and rolled into my neighbors house. I have surveyed the damage and decided something major needs to be done. I have talked to a few poeple about it, and some say I need a quarter pannel, and some say i can bring those dents out. But i dont really know what i should do. Can someone give me some advice? I am handy with tools and grinders so if it can be done i will do it. i just want to know what to do. thanks. im trying to put on a few pics

post-9791-14150797561704_thumb.jpg

post-9791-14150797562123_thumb.jpg

post-9791-14150797562336_thumb.jpg

post-9791-14150797562553_thumb.jpg

What i would do is find another car to cut up and cut as much of the damaged area on yours out of the donor car. then cut your car EXACTLY to where your new panel would fit and weld it up. Would be tricky to get right but probably your only option.

Could try to hammer and dolly it all out but because its kind of demolished the rear edge/lines it will be very hard to recreate... and you'll be using a bit of bog:stupid:

I would take the cut and paste approach, it will be a quicker repair, and will not result in a panel that is workhardened, and thin from having the crap beat out of it to get out the creases, and to restore the high relief areas that are severly flattened.

Will

your problems with going to a panel shop is that they will need to do alot of other work to make it a good job (blend tailgate, door, etc)

i suggest home handy work by knocking out your dents from the inside and seeing your handy work with bog.

"i suggest home handy work by knocking out your dents from the inside and seeing your handy work with bog."

I hate to ask, but I dont have a clue what "work with bog" means. They dont each that word in Arkansas. But to think of it, they dont teach much there anyway.

Unless your good at body work, take it to a professional!! Thats my opinion, it may actually save you money in the long run. think of it you buy $^!# to fix it, you mess it up and then have to spend more to have it done right!! but like i said if you know what your doing, by all means give it a go!!!

thanks for the input. I like to try things and see what I can do. this sounds like a pretty involved task. I would like to take to a shop but I am forced to to do this on my own(money). I am going to be patient and see how far I get.

Hey, BTW can anyone tell me what "bog" means