IGNORED

? First start in a long time

Yes, got it started today! Actually it wasn't terribly hard to start. Tinkered for about an hour after work tonight and got it running. It definitely needs some tuning. Noticed a couple problems. One is my carb is basically shooting gas out of what I believe is the vent into the air filter chamber. I'm going to order the therapy videos ASAP and get the SU's at least operating decent enough. I also noticed I can't get it in gear when the engine is running, which is probably the clutch not working. I'm really hoping it's something outside the bell housing so I don't have to open it up and do some clutch work or something. I really need to score myself some manuals, since I have nothing right now to help me out but you guys. Thanks everyone for the help.

The fuel coming out of the vent hose is most likely due to a stuck needle valve in the top of the float chamber. Sometimes you can just tap on the float bowl lid with a plastic screwdriver handle and get it unstuck. If that doesn't work I'd take the lid off and verify that the float and valve are working properly. You should be able to find discussions on this very topic here in the past.

Yeah, Thanks Mike. I did find some stuff on here about that most likely being the problem. My problem is I'm totally Carb illiterate. That will change soon though, just need to skool myself on them a bit.

Next I need to figure out what is going on with my clutch. I guess first I'll check the master and slave cylinders. I hate the car being 20 minutes away, makes it hard to work on.

Yes, got it started today! Actually it wasn't terribly hard to start. Tinkered for about an hour after work tonight and got it running. It definitely needs some tuning. Noticed a couple problems. One is my carb is basically shooting gas out of what I believe is the vent into the air filter chamber. I'm going to order the therapy videos ASAP and get the SU's at least operating decent enough. I also noticed I can't get it in gear when the engine is running, which is probably the clutch not working. I'm really hoping it's something outside the bell housing so I don't have to open it up and do some clutch work or something. I really need to score myself some manuals, since I have nothing right now to help me out but you guys. Thanks everyone for the help.

Its probably just the hydraulics for the clutch (slave cyl.) I would clean out the the entire assembly, refill and bleed the slave cyl.