IGNORED

New book?

Gee

Hi Chris (everyone):

Years ago - I can't remember how many... Johnny Carson (the late night TV show host) had H. Ross Perot on as a guest. Perot was one of US's first self made Billionaires (long before he attempted to start a third political party and run for president).

Carson ask him what the secrete of his success was, to which Perot replied; "it's easy, you just watch what successful people do - and you do that."

Carson then ask for an example of what successful people do... to which Perot repled; "They hire the best people and then let them do their jobs; so that's what I do."

I believe that the heart of the "Project X" series, if I understand it correctly, is about reviewing what successful people had done in the past, with the hopes that it would help others be successful in the future..

If the book was simply "amusing reading at best".. well then you certainly got your ten or fifteen bucks worth out of it, but you may have missed most of its real value.

FWIW

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

The next page in the Japanese edition shows that the car has a Japanese-market 'Z' emblem on its bonnet ( hood ) instead of the HLS30-U correct 'Datsun' emblem.

'Dad' explains that the car was "....named the 'Datsun 240Z' in America, and named 'Fairlady Z' in Japan."

Not your average Dad, then :-)

I don't know - I think your average Dad likes to throw in some bits of trivia about most subjects.. just to expand on his considerable knowledge of the world .... VBG..... How many of our Dads ever stopped at just answering the question??? LOL...

If the book was simply "amusing reading at best".. well then you certainly got your ten or fifteen bucks worth out of it, but you may have missed most of its real value.

Hi Carl,

No disrespect intended here, but since it is a "Manga" that is what I found amusing. I realize its a simplified story of the whole process. I'm sure there are bits that are completely factual and bits that have been a bit "touched up" if you will.

But make no mistake, I give it far more value than you might think. Having lost my father last year, the two images I posted are rather sentimental for me as its exactly how I was introduced to the Z so many years ago. I was with my Dad. We saw a new Z on the dealer lot getting washed one summer morning when he and I were going to his job. I was hooked and the hook is still lodged. We were even in a Chevy Van like the two in the manga.

FWIW,

Chris A.

Hi Chris:

Absolutely no disrespect taken... and I'm glad my comments might have encouraged you to share that deeper meaning with us.

With Father's Day coming up here in the US, I'm sure we could start a thread about the influence, or lack thereof, that our Fathers had on our car addictions.

kind regards,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com