Wiring Problems!! - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wiring Problems!!

Featured Replies

I did the fan upgrade on my Z yesterday, putting in the 82 Honda fan to add a liitle more air movement. Upon completion I tried it out, worked great and then went for a drive. Immediately noticed that my tach and all of my gauges except for the speedometer didn't work. I noticed a blown fuse, replaced it and started the car, blowing another fuse. Not sure what I did to create this little problem but don't beleive that it should have anything to do specifically with the fan, as the fuse blows whether the fan is on or not. Any ideas of what I should check?

Thanks!!

You have a dead short somewhere related to that particular fuse... you'll have to do some homework, and take a look at the car wiring diagram and see what is common to that circuit...

I know not much help.. but you'll need to start somewhere.....

I would look at the wires that run near the fan housing. My bet is that you got a wire under one of the metal dash parts and when you bolted it back in place it sliced the insulation creating a short.

  • Author

Thanks, guys, will check things out and find the short.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.