IGNORED

Another "All Original" Z car on ebay

MikeZcar

I remember this car...it was for sale back just before i bought my blue Z,

I still have a bunch of pics from the old owner (i think the previous owner was the orginal or he bought it from a friend who was the orginal owner) when I was emailing back and forth thinking of buying it..i think it sold for somewhere around $3500 back in Jan. 2005 to this antenna guy. I was pissed because I put a bid in for it at the last minute and he snagged it out from under me. (i was an Ebay virgin) and didnt know of any of the settings for auto bidding at the time LOL.

I has some significant rust thru spots, but workable..of course those flare have to go and the stripes too...

but low serial #, my favorte Z color...had a lot of spare parts, series I style, orginal owner etc...made it attractive to me at the time.

If anyone is considering this car I have a bunch of extra photos like the one below....showing the underside, gauges etc..

e51b2np.jpg

I remember this car...it was for sale back just before i bought my blue Z,

I still have a bunch of pics from the old owner (i think the previous owner was the orginal or he bought it from a friend who was the orginal owner) when I was emailing back and forth thinking of buying it..i think it sold for somewhere around $3500 back in Jan. 2005 to this antenna guy. I was pissed because I put a bid in for it at the last minute and he snagged it out from under me. (i was an Ebay virgin) and didnt know of any of the settings for auto bidding at the time LOL.

I has some significant rust thru spots, but workable..of course those flare have to go and the stripes too...

but low serial #, my favorte Z color...had a lot of spare parts, series I style, orginal owner etc...made it attractive to me at the time.

If anyone is considering this car I have a bunch of extra photos like the one below....showing the underside, gauges etc..

e51b2np.jpg

Hello Guys,

I just signed up for this forum. I am interested to know what everyone finds so offensive about this car? I realize most of you do not like the rear fender flares which is understandable. It is the original color and I believe the stripes were factory options. You guys have been around this for longer than I have so tell me what this car is worth? The interior looks to be in good condition and it has what I would think are low miles.

Some have mentioned the wheels not being stock. What did the original wheels look like?

As you can see it is at 3600 already with several days left. What do you think it will go for?

Anywhere to get a (acurate) list of values for these cars that considers year, condition, etc.? I am especially interested in the '70 Z.

Thanks,

James

Welcome to the club.

Where did you get the idea the stripes were a factory option? I'm curious as I've never heard of anyone believing that. We need to find whoever told you that and paint a Scarlet "L" on his chest.

As for values, it depends on what a buyer is looking for, and where he is looking for it.

My bet is that to get rid of the flairs, one would need to replace the quarter panels and repaint the car. That'll cost some significant bucks. Might as well start with a different (more original) car if someone wants an "All Original" 70 240Z

The location of the sale can have a lot to do with the value. Z's are more common in CA, AZ, NM and other places that don't salt the roads. Prices are (in general) lower than in states of the RUST belt where you won't find many Z's that have survived 35 years. Supply and Demand.

On eBay, it is difficult to quess what the final price will be, because sometimes "complete junk" commands a high price, and other times "golden nuggets" are purchased for peanuts.

Montoya Fan,

I got that idea from what I assume is a misread of this....

"Q: With reference to the early 1970 Z cars, were the Rocker Panels the same color as the car or were they black. If so, how wide was the black strip? A: - The entire car was one color - and one color only. That does not mean that all cars had only one type of paint on them. For example - in 1970 the only "Metalic"paint was Silver... however Nissan did not use "metalic" paint under the hood, in the door jam's, nor in the jam of the deck lids... They only applied the "Metalic" Silver to the exterior surfaces of the car body after it was assembled. Gold, Orange, Yellow, White, Red and Blue in 1970, were all non-Metalic colors.

- If you see blacked out rockers in pictures - that was a popular thing to do, at that time, after the cars were sold. Also you may see black "racing stripes" on the sides of the 240Z's in some pictures. That was a dealer installed "option". The strip kits came in Black, White and Gold - they said "240Z" on them too. "

I quess I didn't read it correctly the first time.

I am in GA and would like to have a '70. I am looking for a good clean car, not a show piece but something I can drive occasionally and enjoy. I really do not want to go through the trouble of restoring one of these cars. That is why I liked the thought of this vehicle on e-bay. The dash and interior seem to be good. To me the rust is the biggest unkown. I am sure there is more than shown. Maybe too much to make it a good buy at the 4-5K the car will probably sell for at auction.

Thanks,

James

Yeah, I meant members of this site.

to name a few of them off the top of my head, HLS30 (Will), SavannahZ, and Onuthin (I think), and I'm sure there are more.

Best bet is to check out the threads in various forums and keep an eye out for the location of each member posting. BTW, you can update your User Profile to include your location and other members near you may PM (private message) or post to your questions.

Hello Guys,

I just signed up for this forum. I am interested to know what everyone finds so offensive about this car?

Thanks,

James

The "car" is not offensive (well maybe the flares) it's the ebay description, "All Original" it is NOT all original, IE flares, re-paint, stripes, etc, looks like a decent car just hate to see someone who does not know any better buy a Z thinking it is something that it's not. If you like the car and don't care about what's original or not it looks like a pretty good bet. My guess is $4175 high bid, but what do I know.

Yeah, I meant members of this site.

to name a few of them off the top of my head, HLS30 (Will), SavannahZ, and Onuthin (I think), and I'm sure there are more.

MikeW and I are both in the North Atlanta area as well!