IGNORED

280Z 2+2 floor pans NEEDED

Jeff Bolin

I have a 78 280 2+2 that I am in need of floor pans for.

Jeff I found a 78 2+2 in a junk yard near me. It is not in that bad of shape.I think it is a ZX. he wants 250.00 for it. The floor pans look to be solid.Since I don't know about 280s I don't know what the floor pans are worth.If they are worth enough I will buy the car and cut the pans out and do something with the rest.

If it really is a ZX then it is a '79 or later and the floor pans are not the same.

I am not sure if it is a ZX or not I did not pay that much attention to it since I only collect 240s.I do know there was three 300ZXs there for the same price

My guess is that 2+2's were made in relatively small numbers compared to 2 seaters making it a difficult market to create parts for.

Maybe someone across the pond can help you out, assuming there are no changes between the pans of the european 260Z and the US 280Z. They actually sold more 2+2s in the european market than 2 seaters.

Plus over there, the 260Z didn't leave the factory as a neutered pup. Because of that, the only 280 they got was what we call the 280ZX.

i have no problem paying 250 or so for the pans. you are right the ZX is not the same the seat track supports are different as are the drain holes and other subtle differences. I could not tell you about the 260 as to whether or not it would be the same. if any of you out there have 78 280 2+2 floor pans andyou are willing to part with I would love to chat about it.

Jeff I found a 78 2+2 in a junk yard near me. It is not in that bad of shape.I think it is a ZX. he wants 250.00 for it. The floor pans look to be solid.Since I don't know about 280s I don't know what the floor pans are worth.If they are worth enough I will buy the car and cut the pans out and do something with the rest.

If that is a 280z 2+2 the first thing that is different from a z and a zx is the classic instrument pods in the dash. The z has pronounced triple pods like the 240 ,260. The zx has the same but they are much lower located in the dash thus eliminating the all too familiar dash humps. That is an easy way that I use to glance and tell the difference between the zx and the z, it might be helpfull .That and of course the ID plate on the door jamb. any way let me know what you find thanks jeff bolin

Jeff - Any chance the 2 seater floors could be grafted to the 2+2? If the rust is at the front of the floors, perhaps you could "graft" in new floors to your existing?

Another option would be to ask Charlie at ZeddFindings if he would consider making you a "custom" set...Can't hurt to ask...

Regards

GWGarrard