IGNORED

anyone for a brake upgrade?

khughes

Hi Guys,

i am posting this a little early, but in the near future i am going to be upgrading the brakes on my 240K

The Car currently has a set of upgraded front brakes which i am looking to sell (they were on the shell when i bought it). My car currently has C210 struts, but i do not think this makes a difference (i believe they were only swapped as the struts were height adjustable)

The Calipers are Toyota Hilux with Honda accord discs. They fit under my 14" rims and according to the datsun 1600 guys, are a pretty good upgrade to the 240k ones!

Not sure what they are worth, i guess around $350 for the calipers, pads and rotors? they will have to come off when the upgrade takes place, as i believe you need to remvoe the bearing to get the rotor off (:sleepy: ) so i am not going to attempt to do it myself.

anyone interested?

If anyone is serious about a bigger upgrade, i am also going to be selling the parts i collected for a 300ZX/R31 front and rear upgrade:

Pair of Nissan 300ZX Non-Turbo 4 piston Alluminimum 26mm calipers (paid $100)

300ZX calipers powdercoated red ($100)

set of 300ZX caliper seals (paid $170)

Pair of Nissan R31 Pintara single pot calipers (paid $50)

calipers powdercoated in red ($100)

set of R31 caliper seals (paid $30)

Set of R31 pintara rotors (paid $50)

set of brand new Ferodo Extra Pads (payed $78)

2x brand new DBA Slotted 616 rotors (bought for $260)

looking for $270 for the 300ZX calipers and $450 for the rears, some work would be needed fitting the brakes, ie. brackets, front rotors and hand brake cables etc. they are all here, off the car etc. so if you want them you can have them!

a bargain compared to what i am looking at now spending on brakes :(

post-6769-14150796818592_thumb.jpg

post-6769-1415079681888_thumb.jpg

from sizing it up it looks like the rears simply need to have the drums and backing plate removed, a mounting plate made up and welded to the frame and a handbrake cable customised.. if anyone is interested, i will seperate the R31 new rotors with the rest

$250 for the rear DBA rotors (advertised on the R31 forums, so they could go quickly)

$200 for the rest (i would need to dbl check the used disk thickness)

maybe it would be worth going the Toyota/Honda fronts and the R31 rears?

• 4 months later...

Lachlan should, as he bought them from me (not sure if they are fitted yet?)

they bolted up to late model 240k struts, though it is not clear what year the change was. my car has C210 coil overs, and they bolted straight up to those.

pics of rotor, two posts up :)

so the accord rotors (what year/model?) fit without mods, but except for being vented, and the install of 4-pots, all other measurements are the same? if so, then i won't really need detail pics/measurements

aren't there 2 types of hi-lux 4-pots that fit the c110/s30 strut?

it is probably best the get the rotor diametres off Lachlan, and then match them up with the right model ones from the DBA catalogue, i didn't do the mod myself, as the brakes came on the shell that i bought, though it doesn't seem to be much different to the mods that the Z guys do..