anyone for a brake upgrade? - Page 3 - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

anyone for a brake upgrade?

Featured Replies

Thanks,

Just checking your bracket measurements, against my mock up bracket that I made from MDF, also I need the offset distant, see my picture

Nigel

post-12467-14150802810458_thumb.jpg

post-12467-1415080281085_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150802811214_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

sorry, i didn't get a notification ab the new post :)

I will check tonight and get back to you on it

Kent

  • Author

the offset is 4mm as per the last picture, and the radius from the 2nd pic is close enough to 109..

the first picture where you got 30 though.. not sure on that.. from the back of the plate to the back of the mount is around 16mm, and the mount is 13mm thick, so 30mm would be close enough as total depth of the whole part.

sorry i can't be more exact, but i only have a digital caliper and the batt is almost dead :)

it sounds pretty close to what you have though.. if you want them you can have them for $130 + postage (they cost me $220 trade from nissan)

  • Author

if anyone wants the Z32 aluminimum calipers + seal kits, they can have them for $150 too

i may also have the red R31 calipers (i know the disks sold) somewhere if someone wants them too.. they look pretty :)

i also have a brand new nabco 15/16" Master cylinder, it is for LHD though, so the hard lines would need to be modified to fit.

  • 5 months later...

I've just finished building some Z32 brakes for mine. The only concern I have is the thickness of the rotors. It carries a fair bit of unnecessary weight.

the struts are currently away having some Proflex goodness built into them,(:D) but when I get them back I'll assemble and post some pics. very easy conversion.

while I was in the process I also made a set of bolt-ons for 180B struts. VT commode calipers and Saab 9000 rotors. I sold them on ebay for $100, which is about what they cost to put together. anyone who wants good brakes for no money, should consider doing it this way.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Matt,

which Z32 calipers did you use (there are 3 types from memory, some cast steel, and others alloy from memory)

Matt,

which Z32 calipers did you use (there are 3 types from memory, some cast steel, and others alloy from memory)

they're alloy. other than that I can't tell you much about them.

I just remembered - I have a question:

has anyone tried these calipers on a 15/16" master cylinder? will I need to go up to 1"?

Edited by matt240K

  • Author

i have been told that a 15/16" is fine for my R34 GTT calipers, but i am going 1" anyway (with a 10" booster).. though i have no idea yet how it performs.

  • 3 weeks later...
i have been told that a 15/16" is fine for my R34 GTT calipers, but i am going 1" anyway (with a 10" booster).. though i have no idea yet how it performs.

when you say 10" booster, how big is the standard one? i remember when I got my master cylinder off a 280Z, I had to take the booster off and use my original one because the clutch master cylinder was in the way. have you got around that?

  • Author

i think the standard may even be an 8" (it looks a lot smaller than mine!).. Stewart Wilkins used the R30 mounting bracket as well (some modifications were made to the firewall to mount it, with a brace buillt behind it).. but it just clears the standard clutch cylinder (not sure if i am going to upgrade that as well)

http://www.project240k.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=858

i think the standard may even be an 8" (it looks a lot smaller than mine!).. Stewart Wilkins used the R30 mounting bracket as well (some modifications were made to the firewall to mount it, with a brace buillt behind it).. but it just clears the standard clutch cylinder (not sure if i am going to upgrade that as well)

http://www.project240k.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=858

ah. yes that makes sense. thanks for the pic. I think I might end up pursuing something like that on mine.

  • 1 year later...

Look im realy confused and need guidence what should i put on the rear of my 240k iv been told s13 r31 toyota hilux wtf one answer.!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.