IGNORED

my other toys: why i'm not making much progress on my Z

clutchdust

just wanted to post a pic of a couple of my other projects that keep me busy. two good reasons why i have made no progress on my Z in the last two years. jeez, i need more property! and more money would help too.

Nice vett. Is that a Z06? I drove a Z06 a few weeks ago and just about had an fit... it was a blast. It brought back memories of driving my sport bike.

m

Pfft Amature LOL

I have the Z as a daily driver, Scout as the weekend car (pic in gallery) a TR7 vert that is getting some serious modifications (more monster that car) a 19foot wakeboard boat that hasn't run in 2 years (brings a tear to my eye) and a black 73 vert vette that should arrive any day now from sunny California.

I really need to simplify my life.....

Lucky the Z doesn't need much up-keep. The key is to pick one thing at a time and go with it. While you are at work, plan what you will do when you get home, then when you are at home, hit it. Once the Z is done, you'll be loving it because it's cheaper than the vettes, so you can throw it about more without worrying about it so much.

mike, no, the c5 is not a Z06. the Z06 came only as a hardtop model (with an extra 50hp to boot). i've driven one or two. unbelievable cars. this one isn't too shabby though.

Zguy, the c5 i'm just doing mostly cosmetic stuff for now. it's still under warranty so i'm not going to get stupid with it... yet.

the c3 needs a COMPLETE restoration. it has major wear and tear/age issues. it will be a resto-mod more than anything. lots of newer technology without loosing the flavor of the early vette.

i'm trying to get the Z fixed up as an inexpensive track car because the old vette just ain't cuttin' it any more. the Z should be alot lighter, better balanced and cheaper to run.

the g/f has her Z and that one will be restored so when all is said and done, we should have two Zs in the stable, one restored, one racer.