IGNORED

Fuel in oil on new engine rebuild

78 280zcar

I checked the oil in my car the other day and found out that there is gas in the oil and the oil is very thin:mad: . I have a fuel injected Z and just rebuilt it 2000 miles ago. What would cause this and should I change the bearings again. I am leaning towards the injectors but need to know if I have to take the engine out again:paranoid: HELP

This could be due to a blown head gasket, a cracked block, or stuck vavle. Or it could be a number of other things.

Take a flashlight and go over the block very closely if its cracked you should be able to find it.

Bill, you post whore you. I applaud your efforts on possible causes but, I don't think a blown head gasket, a cracked block, or a stuck valve will cause fuel to enter the oil system!!! However, an overly large set of boobs could do it! How you might ask......being distracted during engine assembly!!? ROFL

This could be due to a blown head gasket, a cracked block, or stuck vavle. Or it could be a number of other things.

Take a flashlight and go over the block very closely if its cracked you should be able to find it.

Say what? How?

Thanks for the comments, I dont think the block is cracked, I had it checked when I had it torn down along with the head which was cracked.

It runs pretty rough at idle, I was thinking it was an injector too, that was the only thing I didnt change on the rebuild, except for one that had a cracked tip and I just changed that one with a pick and pull special. Since I have the JSK fuel rail on there I can just take the rail off with the injectors still on it and check it for leaks after I build up pressure, or is that a bad idea? I just hope that it is not one of the rings.

About the gas being in the oil, I checked it again today, it doesnt smell like there is alot of gas in there. Do you guys think that I can drain the oil and put in new oil and filter run it for a few minutes and change the oil and filter again? Please tell me something good, I really dont want to have to change the bearings again!:disappoin

I will do a leak down test and compression test of course before I touch anything.