IGNORED

Inspection Lid bumpers & rubbers ???

ZsRUSTIN

Ed, is that paint original? Damn it looks good, motor came out great too. My inspection lid bumpers are the same. The 2" x 1/2" piece could be the seal that runs between the top of the body and the fenders? Maybe?

Ed, is that paint original? Damn it looks good, motor came out great too. My inspection lid bumpers are the same. The 2" x 1/2" piece could be the seal that runs between the top of the body and the fenders? Maybe?

I think he said 2' x 1/2"-that would be the piece that is used on 73 and up cars that have the lip on the radiator support. (Thank's, Carl for setting me straight on that one)

Hey DatsunZGuy: Did you know that you live in the home of the cartoon character 'Roger Ramjet?' Bet you're not old enough to remember that.

I think I'm old enough, but don't ever recall ever watching that cartoon. I moved to Lompoc via Colorado back in '93 (Air Force), so I'm not a native of the 'poc. I actually grew up in Hawaii.:classic:

90% of the paint on my car is original. I did discover some overspray on the rubber under the drivers door handle, which makes be believe the door was touched up. Overall the paint is in great shape due to the low mileage and always being garaged. However, there a lot of dings on the body from being abused by other cars and being bumped into while it sat in the garage:cry:

I think I'm old enough, but don't ever recall ever watching that cartoon. I moved to Lompoc via Colorado back in '93 (Air Force), so I'm not a native of the 'poc. I actually grew up in Hawaii.:classic:

I did some searching and there is actually a website. I was unaware that Gary Owens was the voice of Roger and the narrator.

http://www.rogerramjet.com/

Hey guys, thanks for all the replys.

My mistake on the rubber cushion. It is 2 inch X 1/2 inch, about 1/8inch thick.

I'm not sure about any radiator support rubber piece. I also noticed what looks hood alignment rubbers on the fender that I'm missing.

My car was painted red back in 1977. I guess they didnt like the orange engine compartment so it was blasted with rubberized spray undercoating. My guess is about 10 cans worth. EVERYTHING got coated. (the inspection light was a black blob)

It was a gooey mess to get rid of it, but on the good side there was no rust in there. Even the battery tray was perfect.

For some reason all the rubber was removed.

Last summer I pulled the motor & stripped and repainted the whole engine bay back to 918 Orange.

Zeng.jpg

Hey Rich, how you doin? I am doing the bodywork and having it painted at Point Auto in Somers Point. They do a lot of British and Euro cars.

They had no problem with painting the door and fenders seperately.

Thanks again, Doug

Hey, I just looked at the site that jmark posted. I found the pads and a description, but I'm still not sure where these go.

I think there could be a sub-forum called "Boots, seals, bumpers, pads, rubber gaskets and guides"

This is from the page he had a link to.

Inspection Lid Cushion Set 1970-1976 240/260/280Z Brand new quality replacement parts for your 1970-1978 Z car. 2 piece kit that cushions the inspection lid from the fender. Glue in place with weather strip adhesive. Replace your dry-cracked or missing parts with these high quality units!

Part# 300-010 $6.99 pair

pad.jpg

Thanks everyone, Doug

they sit on the inspection lid, right spack dab in the middle of the metal piece on the inspection lid that the hood falls down onto--so the little extra piece that I normally use to pull open the inspection lid, that is where this rubber goes. If you close the hood, the hood would be touching this area on the inspection lid.