IGNORED

???

driftmunky

I to am sure Zvoiture is talking rear wheel HP. At the frlywheel the stock L24 was rated at 150HP and L26 was rated at ~162 HP. You may have a little more or less depending on how well the conversion to SUs was done and the overall condition of the motor. All the L series motors feel pretty torquey, especially when compared to my 1500cc Honda Civic commuter! :)

Have fun!

Absolutely. That's where it really matters, so why try to 'butter things up'? Just dyno'd a well-tuned but stock L28 re-build in a 240 with same drivetrain and round-tops. 135. Depressing? Only to people who's self-esteem depends on some sort of wack numeric measuring scale where everything receives a numeric score and is judged accordingly. Make the car happy. Make it breathe and run good. If you are not capable of diagnostics (I am not), spend the money to get air-fuel, timing, and valves in sync. Then drive it. And learn how to drive it. Don't let a number that is 50 or so less than you were expecting dampen your appreciation for this wonderful automobile. So it's not a '72 Nova SS. It never was meant to be. It's smarter than that. That's why we are Z people. We are smarter than that.

steve77

Any where betwen 150-165BHP at the flywheel. The 240Z SU's will give an increased torque and pulling feel all through the rev range over the standard pardon the expression crap 260 carbs. Of course how is your compression on each cylinder this will effect the BHP rating.;)