IGNORED

Grant Mahogany Steering Wheel

Spieg16

Just installed this Grant wheel on my car and im really happy with it. I ordered the kit from MSA and it included the wheel, adapter, and Z horn button.

I haven't gotten a chance to clean off the fingerprints and polish it up yet

post-7160-14150796606067_thumb.jpg

post-7160-14150796606523_thumb.jpg

post-7160-1415079660686_thumb.jpg

I hope Victor Laury sees this, and if so: Doesn't this look a LOT like the original Roadster (pre 67) steering wheels? Just thought that it would at least "look" proper in a Roadster.

Aside from that, it is a handsome wheel. Now you'll have to wear sun-glasses to avoid the reflection! (j/k)

E

Oh thanks alot Spieg16, add one more item to my "list" of parts required.

Look's great in there.

BTW, did you paint the mouldings body color, or are they not originals? my 260's are white rubber and i was thinking or removing them, however.....

Oh thanks alot Spieg16, add one more item to my "list" of parts required.

Look's great in there.

BTW, did you paint the mouldings body color, or are they not originals? my 260's are white rubber and i was thinking or removing them, however.....

Nightowl,

The moldings were that fake wood grain when i got the car, i just always assumed they were original.

sorry i wasn't more clear earlier. i was referring to the exterior of the car.

i have the same coloured 260 and noticed your body coloured mouldings in the avatar. i was thinking of just removing mine when it comes time to paint, but there may be an alternative. i saw the gallery pics, very nice shape.

a plain chrome strip is fine, but the white rubber insert just doesn't do it for me. it takes away some visual appeal in my view. so do door dings, but i'm willing to park in the furthest corner of the parking lot of wherever it is that i am going to and risk it.

Datsun Z's Rule, that key is a copy, but while cleaning the interior of my car yesterday I found the original key I lost 3 years ago under the driver's seat so ive switched keys now.

Nightowl, that exterior molding is not painted, it is just brown plastic and i think it is original.

Jason