IGNORED

How to Ideas for Flush turn Signals

280z1975

If anyone knows of a post that has covered the idea of running the turn signals on an early Z car let me know.

If not, anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to start? I really like the curves of my 280z but really feel like the turn signals take away from it's appeal (and a fraction of aerodynamic drag :P ).

My idea so far is to use the existing hole and fill in the screw holes and use some sort of back mounted system with a custom done rubber outter seal. Anyways, any ideas would be greaty welcomed.

Oh, you're talking about the side markers, not turn signals. Your terminology had me confused.

Yes, thank you for that clarification ... I posted that last night at like 2am when I was having trouble getting to sleep. I figured if I was up, why not think of more ways to make my Z nice ...

The link provided allows for almost close to flush look on the Z, but I would like to go for a fully flush look for the side markers.

I'd just start walking through parking lots, car lots and wrecking yards until you see what you like. Going flush will likely require cutting and/or welding, but there's got to be something that will look right to you out there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm taking out the rubber gasket, sucking the markers to the body more, then running a bead of silicone behind the chrome piece and the edge of the lens itself. This makes it stick out a hell of a lot less. That's the cheap easy way to do it, but if you want them FLUSH, that's different, haha.

I shaved my front and rear ones and gas lid and vents, looks great!
As long as you live somewhere that they aren't required to pass inspections, sure.

Here in Oregon, I could get by without them, but I'll most likely keep them as original. Not that my car is planned to be a total stock restoration, but those marker lights here in the US simply scream "70's" and that's the look I'm going for. Stock chrome, factory color, and 14 or 15 inch vintage look mags. Yeah, baby!

As long as you live somewhere that they aren't required to pass inspections, sure.

Here in Oregon, I could get by without them, but I'll most likely keep them as original. Not that my car is planned to be a total stock restoration, but those marker lights here in the US simply scream "70's" and that's the look I'm going for. Stock chrome, factory color, and 14 or 15 inch vintage look mags. Yeah, baby!

LOL I'm going for the othere side of the spectrum. Shaved and neat, all about performance! Like a Retro car with new tweaks!