IGNORED

How do I remove pistons from the caliper?

=Enigma=

• 1 month later...

I noticed no one mensioned a grease gun.

I use a small grease gun filled with oil to remove brake pistons . It excerts lots of pressure and is controllable .. The end of the gun with nipple connector is removed and the pipe screws in to the caliper.

Clean up afterwards with solvent .. No need for compressed air ..

I noticed no one mensioned a grease gun.

I use a small grease gun filled with oil to remove brake pistons . It excerts lots of pressure and is controllable .. The end of the gun with nipple connector is removed and the pipe screws in to the caliper.

Clean up afterwards with solvent .. No need for compressed air ..

Excellent point! Granted, this is a really safe way to remove caliper pistons....although it will certainly take longer and is messy, for sure!!! But, its not as though removing caliper pistons is a tiddy task!

• 1 month later...

I just had to reply to this thread! I did the same thing that enigma did when trying to get the pistons out of the caliper, I had my thumb in between the two pistons though and wasnt expecting it to come out that fast and whammm, smashed the hell out of my thumb. Its a good thing my compressor is just a small one that holds 100psi instead of the one they have at a shop!:stupid: