IGNORED

Which cars had the radiator support painted black?

Ed

I was looking at some pictures of a restored Z. Though I doubt it was painted the original color (red) it had the front of the radiator support painted black. Now I know some of the early Z's that were lighter in color (green, white, yellow) had the radiator support painted black at the factory. I was wondering which years or colors had this painted? Anyone? I'll try and find a picture to post.

FWIW...my orange (color code 918) '72 has sections of its radiator support painted black too.

Also, while thumbing through Wick Humble's book tonight, I also noticed there are photos where it shows the radiator support painted black on his dark green project car as well.

The radiator support on my '73 was painted black. Original color was 918 orange. Mine is like a7dz's, only painted black below the round vent inlet holes.

The other interesting thing I noticed is that the black paint appeared to be brushed on by the factory, not sprayed. There were even a couple of runs in it where it was brushed on too thick.

The other interesting thing I noticed is that the black paint appeared to be brushed on by the factory, not sprayed. There were even a couple of runs in it where it was brushed on too thick.

I've noticed this also on a few early (70 model) cars. Flat black hand painted.