IGNORED

240K Wiring Diagrams

Mr Camouflage

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lachlan.

I've been playing with Z#2 instead of the K. I removed those ugly metal side skirts today.

Must have missed the manual, its not there anymore.

I saw a 240K sedan at a shopping center on tuesday. Parked next to it in my 88 skyline. Would have been weird if i was in the K, and the other owner came back and found another K parked next to it.

I checked out the stainless trim. The bonet trim was perfect. other bits had some dents .

• 1 year later...
I saw a 240K sedan at a shopping center on tuesday. Parked next to it in my 88 skyline. Would have been weird if i was in the K, and the other owner came back and found another K parked next to it.

some dents .

we like to do that some times, specially with those whom we don't know .

• 1 year later...

Would someone be able to post the wiring diagram for a 76 240K EFI engine. Being here in the states, I don't have access to any of the manuals for these cars.

I am really interested in the pinout for the ECU and if there are any differences to a 280Z of the same year. Mine has Webers on it now, but I need to switch back to EFI for smog emissions (sometimes California sucks!) and I don't want to fry anything. I think the computers are pretty hard to come by, if they don't interchange with the Z's.

Hope someone can help, Chris

• 1 month later...
Would someone be able to post the wiring diagram for a 76 240K EFI engine. Being here in the states, I don't have access to any of the manuals for these cars.

I am really interested in the pinout for the ECU and if there are any differences to a 280Z of the same year. Mine has Webers on it now, but I need to switch back to EFI for smog emissions (sometimes California sucks!) and I don't want to fry anything. I think the computers are pretty hard to come by, if they don't interchange with the Z's.

Hope someone can help, Chris

Did you get anywhere with this Chris ?

The reason I ask, I didn't know 240K (oz release HGC110) every came out with EFI, only a single carb,

see picture off mine

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=199389&posted=1#post199389

Nigel

Cobbled something together from the 280Z manuals here in the states. Luckly, the car still had the L20E computer in it. Otherwise, I just have to tune it a little for the larger 280 injectors and AFM. Seems the JDM is the same wiring as the non-california US cars, just larger displacement motor.

Chris

Cobbled something together from the 280Z manuals here in the states. Luckly, the car still had the L20E computer in it. Otherwise, I just have to tune it a little for the larger 280 injectors and AFM. Seems the JDM is the same wiring as the non-california US cars, just larger displacement motor.

Chris

Sorry didn't realise you had a JDM 240K

is this correct, 240K in Japan ?, I would have though they would be called something else since they would have a L6 2.0 litre motor. or am I wrong.

Nigel

Edited by Noddle

I was just called a Skyline or sometimes Skyline 2000 GT. It depends on the source (got all that from the web). My vin shows it actaually as a GC111. I think the only change was to signify the emissions compliance and the introduction of fuel injection for 1976. I am sure there are much more knowledgable folks on this board that can tell me and you all about it. I have looked up some of the history, but all that research cuts into driving time, which is what I really want to do with the car.

Chris

Chris

I doubt that the L20E injectors are smaller than the L28E injectors. In the US, and I'm sure in other parts of the world too, Nissan used the same injector that they used on the L28E on the L24E as well as 4 cyl engines like the Z20E, Z22E, and CA20E. I would think the only difference would be the length of the fuel injector pulse on the particular vehicle. Besides, if that were the case, how would you 'tune' it? The JECS ECUs have nothing in them that can be altered. They're not an EPROM type unit that can be programmed. They're just a circuit board in a box. Edited by sblake01

I have a mechanic friend the is pretty familiar with the L-Jetronic EFI systems. You are correct in that you can't really tune the system by changing the computer map, but there are some adjustments to Idle, AFM, temp enrichment and fuel pressure that can be done to "tune" the system.

The main reason I am doing this is to get the dang thing to pass smog here in California. The first guy that had it, smogged it illegally due to the tripple weber carbs he had on it as well as some other things. I'm just trying to save myself a ticket and I don't like the idea of continually have to illegally smog the car. The rules are what they are. Hopefully SEMA and the other groups will talk some sense into the politicians, but that may be dreaming.