IGNORED

Bad Compression on #1

zack_280

I bought a 240Z in Little Rock, AR last month. It has had some engine work done including a new Isky Stage III cam, E31 head with '81 ZXT block and flat pistons. (Note this is what I was told when I bought the car and I am assuming that what I was told is correct) The engine was built 4 years ago by Radatz racing in Atlanta. It has approximately 5,000 miles on it. It was running rich when I bought it (and it still is). I just did a compression test and came up with the following numbers:

Cylinder Compression

1 25 (Plug looks like it has a film of oil on it when removed. I added some oil and that raised the compression to just under 30psi)

2 195

3 195

4 205

5 195

6 205

All of the other plugs will build up a film of carbon within ten minutes (the time it takes to warm up before the test).

I am looking for any suggestions. I'm not really sure what I might have to do to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Zack