Bubbles in Clutch MC after bleeding - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Bubbles in Clutch MC after bleeding

Featured Replies

My clutch felt sloppy, so I checked the fluid and it was very low. I filled it, but it obviously needing bleeding. I bled (with a vacuum pump) and it now works beautifully, but very tiny bubbles appear in the master cylinder when pumping the clutch. Do I need a rebuild kit or new MC?

I had the same problem only the bubbles in mine were big. Your Clutch MC has a piston inside it to push and pull the fluid when you put your foot down on it. The Valve inside the assy. has little rubber "O" rings. Mine was tearing apart, letting air in and fluid out. Your best bet would be to take yours apart and inspect the rings. If it is looks torn, find a used one in good condition. I found mine on EBay for really cheap. Good luck my friend.

A used clutch master cylinder is false economy. Brand new ones are relatively cheap - I can buy one locally (no shipping costs) for about $40. Why take a chance on a used one for that?

  • Author

I got a new clutch MC. It looks like a simple install. Since those are famous last words, is there anything I should be aware of while doing the switch?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.