IGNORED

240K/240Z Extractors

Alfadog

Just wanted to post a note here to confirm that 240Z extractors will not fit a 240K without serious modification. Reason being the steering gets in the way. Recirculating ball as opposed to rack and pinion.

I found out the hard way, $270 worse off, let's see if I can sell some Z extractors. LOL

JEEEZUZ!!! Lachlan!!! I should have posted it here, but i found out the hard way too. I dont think i was a member of this forum when it happened, as this was almost 17 months ago! What was infuriating, was that a supposed 'expert' on the matter reccomended me to buy a set of 240z extractors claiming: "there's absoloutely no difference, dont worry." Anyway, after ripping the old exhaust system off from the headers down and 'placing' the 240z headers in position i realised. Ended up exchanging them for a genuine 240k set which fit no worries. According to Jim theyre quite rare, so you may be looking at a custom made setup :D Fantastic and also fantastically expensive. Is it not possible to return yours? Good luck, i hope to hear how the saga goes.

Tom

Just wanted to post a note here to confirm that 240Z extractors will not fit a 240K without serious modification. Reason being the steering gets in the way. Recirculating ball as opposed to rack and pinion.

I found out the hard way, $270 worse off, let's see if I can sell some Z extractors. LOL

Yeah, Jim has posted that before.

Don't think you'll have a problem selling the Z extractors.

Or you could kill 2 birds with the one stone. Just fit R&P steering to the car :tapemouth . I have an R32 steering rack in the garden shed not doing very much.

(I mean, why have a simple solution, when you can get into all kinds of complex exoic engineering exercises to solve the same problem)

Kyteler knew too... looks like everyone knew but somehow nobody looked when I asked!!

Oh well, the Z extractors are on ebay now - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4588309942&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 - hopefully someone bids, let alone bidding as much as what I paid for them :-/

Pete, I would love an R32 steering rack. That's the worst thing about the C110 IMO, the steering! I think I'll leave that idea alone though for the mean time LOL

Yeah there are a number of different options here, converting to R&P steering would be ideal. In any case i agree, the steering box steering is most definitely the weakest aspect of the 240k.

Craig, i bought a set of h&m headers to fit a 240z for around $300, from perth exhaust centre. They were just exchanged item for item in the end, no extra cost.

Tom

There's a bloke the other side of Brisbane who does custom work. A lot of the z guys have had work done and the quality is really good - he even takes into account the motor tune.. the prices were reasonable too.

I'll find out if you more info if you want Lachlan.

There's a bloke the other side of Brisbane who does custom work. A lot of the z guys have had work done and the quality is really good - he even takes into account the motor tune.. the prices were reasonable too.

I'll find out if you more info if you want Lachlan.

Rob Bliss?