IGNORED

Anybody using the dual ITG Air Cleaners?

jmark

So Mark, what is wrong with the modified stock air cleaner you are now using? Changing to ITG or K&N's isn't going to make much difference over what you have now?

If it were me, I'd probably want to rework the A/C so that I could use the stock air box. Every other A/C I've seen on Z's mounted the compressor on the opposite side of the engine.

Probably nothing. Just doesn't look that great. I can't see reworking a functioning AC system just for the air cleaner interference. I think air horns with the ITG cleaners would look much nicer. Are these the correct air horns?

http://www.twminduction.com/AirHorn/AirHorn-FR.html

those look like them.

However, if you're going to essentially 'toss' your current stock type air cleaner, your best bet is to just cut out the air horns in the stock air filter housing and use those....they can't be seen, and the stock ones are the best designed ones anyways.

• 1 month later...
i dig the k&ns as well.... here's my set up (in my dirty engine bay; now they're in the clean one)

Hi Jason,

I am thinking of going this route soon. Do you have a part number for the K&N's you bought? Where did you get your air horns from? Do you have a part number for those and the cost?

TIA,

Marty

I would think you would decrease preformance with that setup. You're allowing two big open filters to suck super hot air in from the engine bay (especially with the header right below it).

Probably not. I put a few temp sensors in the engine compartment of my 240Z and once you get the car moving about 25 mph there's at most a 7 degree difference between the underhood temps and abient. At idle you will see significant increases in underhood temps but once the car gets moving the Zs engine compartment cools down quickly. Also did similar testing on my 2000 Ford Contour SVT and a racing BMW 325is. All showed very similar results to my 240Z test.