IGNORED

RB25 240z - Australia

Brycey

Hey lads! How has everyone been?

Sorry its taken so long for any sort of update, but here goes

Zed74 – well the reply is over 12 months late, and my answer is …. Im not entirely sure. I got it posted from Sydney to my city (Newcastle) from a mate who highly rates them.. but im sure by now you would have sorted out your manifolds, sorry once again!

Well as for my 240.. here is a picture-based-timeline from the last update

picture016yu8.jpg

picture026wwk2.jpg

picture003xu2.jpg

picture011wo8.jpg

picture015to0.jpg

picture017uk2.jpg

picture003el3.jpg

picture009vo6.jpg

picture010cm4.jpg

picture011gp1.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7685/img1833uo5.jpg

the rest of the pictures are fairly boring.. so there you have it, any questions feel free to ask! Im more then happy to help.

Basically where its up to now: Z32 N/A R200 diff is in, ford falcon BA XR8 custom driveshaft, rear new Z31 5 stud hubs, front R33 hubs, GTR brakes all round (not yet put on), fuel setup is done, mechanically done, electrically done, exhaust needs the final welds + flanges, few other little things but its getting there

Whats happening now: stripping it down to rebuild the engine to handle around 600hpatw, and stripping for the body work/strengthening work.

Engine work will be rods, pistons, rings, all gaskets, all bearings, cams, cam gears (plus springs, lifters etc), RB26 N1 water and oil pumps, pully kit. I already have most of the other stuff I need – manifolds, ECU, injectors, turbo etc. so it should be good!

Body and strengthening wise, new floor pans, extended rails (stitch welded), medium sized cage (havnt decided on design yet), fiberglass front half with carbon fiber hood, shaved body with the relocated fuel cap, carbon fiber bumpers, typical front air dam(havnt decided which one)

Thanks for looking! happy newyear!

Hi Brycey, you came up with some great ideas there..... I really like the cold air box for the intake.

The fuel cell mod also rocks!! What rear diff and axles are you running? Is it a long nose, or a short nose R200?

Looks awesome... keep the pics flowing....

Hi Brycey, you came up with some great ideas there..... I really like the cold air box for the intake.

The fuel cell mod also rocks!! What rear diff and axles are you running? Is it a long nose, or a short nose R200?

Looks awesome... keep the pics flowing....

thanks for that mate :-) sorry for the delayed reply but the site wasnt loading for me for a few days

yeah im really happy with the fuel setup :)

the diff is a short nose R200 from a 1993 (im pretty sure)personally imported (so its jap spec) z32 N/A, same deal with the drive shafts. my mate wrote off his 300 and decided to part it down, you would think the first thing i would say to him would be "ah man thats too bad" but it was more like "BAGS THE DIFF!" :D

and also the rear drive shaft is a modified Ford Falcon XR8 shaft (with the 300zx yolks, and with the shaft being more or less cut in half :P), for everyone out of australia this is what the falcon looks like

Ford%20Falcon%20BA%20XR8%202004%20Green%20-%20800x600.jpg

p.s. 74260zt - i love your zed :love: :love: :love:

hey mate long time no see! thanks for the comment :)

there are 2 colours i have in mind, either Ford Blood Orange (which is a ford colour that has been used over the past 4 or 5 years, basically a orange similar to the datsun orange but with a red pearl) but these days im more leaning towards BMW Army Green, which came out on such cars as the nissan A33 maxima etc, really nice colour and would go hand-in-hand with the 240 curves

as for the wheels i purchased some 3 piece ROH modina 18x8 fronts and 18x9 rears second hand not long ago, they were custom made for a R34 and i thoguth it would just be a matter of putting some spacer blocks in to make up for the offset differance.. but with the 240 having the most "in" offset and the skylines having the most "out" offset it would need a spacer block that is about 2 meters long :P so im either going to get some new outer rims made to the 240 offset or sell them and get some custom made wheels. this is what they look like

Modena-3_4.jpg

id like to keep them because they would really suit the orange or the green, but if it becomes too unrealisitc or too expencive then ill just sell them to some skyline nut