IGNORED

Door panel plastic retainers

LanceM

I need some new plastic retainers that insert into holes in the doors that the metal clips attached to the interior door panel fit into. Are these parts available? I looked in the VB catalog but didn't see any listed. Anyone have a good part # or source for these? I need some of the metal clips also but I think I can aquire these at the junk yard, the plastic inserts won't come out without breaking or tearing apart in my experiance.

No not the rivets... When you pull the interior panel off of the door there is a rubber/plastic plug (for lack of a better term) that is installed in the door steel that the metal clip attached to the interior panel fits into when the panel is installed. Got to get my camera back from the wife!!! This is for certain a case where a picture would be worth a thousand words :)

Here is some pics, maybe they will help. First is a shot of the door the holes along the outer edge are where the inserts are installed, I left one in the others are out in this shot, second shot is a closeup of one of the inserts I was able to remove without destroying it too bad...

post-4602-14150796074867_thumb.jpg

post-4602-14150796075081_thumb.jpg

Lance , I was watching one of the hot rod shows the other night and they were doing the trim on a Chevy Muscle car and they were installing the vary parts you are looking for. I need some also and just havent had the time to try at the Chevy dealer , I have some SU needles on order at Nissan , when I go to pick them up I will ask about the these things there also . I will try and find the part number on my CD . I will pass on what I find . Gary

Gary that would be great. I'm currently being outbid on ebay and don't need them today so I was thinking it was about time to break down and get the cd and go that route myself. If you come up with a part # from where ever I would be interested! I was looking through an Auto Body Toolmart catalog and they have a Toyota grommet part # 9847 that looks like the same thing, 50 for $6.99... lot better than ebays 10 for $10....

Thanks!