IGNORED

Help! Late/Early model 240K front bumper differences??

Alfadog

Hello!

Well I've got a new front bumper for my car. The old one is still nice but it has a few scratches on it and paint etc. and the chrome is old. Anyway, my problem is getting the indicators into the new one. They just wont fit!

I've attached a whole load of pictures for you to look at. Therre are two places where it looks like the indicator unit wont fit. Firstly the upper bit where it actually bolts on, the ANGLE here is wrong. The flat part here should lie flush with the top of the indicator unit.

Secondly, the angle of the lower bevel part is different. On my old one it comes back at a reflex angle to run parallel with the angle of the top part. On this one it is a nicer, but acute angle - the same as on the sides. I'm not sure if this will cause a problem yet but it is a difference.

This is a rechromed bumper. It is quite possible (and probable) that it's just been bent. but the lower part doesn't look like it could be bent like that... The other option is there are differences between the late and early model cars. Wouldn't think so though...

I have two questions then. Firstly, can you please check out your bumper! You will be able to see the angle of the lower part without taking the bumper off, so don't worry about that. I'm just curious about this.

Secondly, how can I bend the thing back to the right angle :ermm: Sigh, I took the front of the car apart so quickly, I thought it was going to be way easier than the rear bumper.

post-1243-14150796029449_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150796029792_thumb.jpg

post-1243-1415079603006_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150796030302_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150796030664_thumb.jpg

Chris - at first it seems likely but the indicator unit fits very snugly and flush with the flat metal piece. Grinding wont work...

Craig - when did you get a C110?? Post a picture if you can :) Thanks for having a look. I don't think there would be differences - mainly because on the new bumper, one side is bent more than the other. I'm going to try with two flat pieces of wood, clamps and leverage. Hope the chrome doesn't crack too badly :o

• 1 month later...

Hey Jeremy! Nah, a toothbrush and soap is all you need for the lenses.

Timely to bring back this topic though actually! I am currently having all my stainless steel trim for the front and back straightened and polished up - hopefully it will look good, fit right, and not cost a bucketload. They are being done in Brisbane at the same place Rob (Razor) had his done, as he had nothing but praise to say about them!

Nice, Ive started on my stainless too, have done the rear bumper so far, looking to get the trim and front done soon. I have a few spare parts so get to choose the best to start with :) Also looking at getting a complete new rubber set rom Rarespares over here in NZ

How the hell did i miss this whole thread? Anyway, looks like youve solved your own problems Lach. Out of interest, where did you manage to find the bumper? There was a front bumper on ebay not so long ago. I bidded on it, however, the seller ended the auction prematurely. Within a week the same seller had a brand new rear bumper advertised and i managed to grab that with no dramas...?

• 1 year later...