IGNORED

Have you heard of this racer?

cremmenga

I was at work today when an old man came in and was looking at plants, I went to help him and we got to talking about cars. Turns out he claims he once raced Indy cars. He seemed to know what he was talking about, but who knows? I ask him to teach me everything he knows!! Anyway his name was John "Johny" Bostic. He said he raced in the 1930's and that he was 78 years old. The guy was sharp as a tack. If anyone has ever heard of this guy or know who may have please let me know. That would be great to learn from an old pro! Thanks again!

Maybe he ment 40's, I know he said 30's but who knows?? Thats what I thought that he was really young. He did say that he had to use his brothers birth certificate and ss number to get into the races when he first started. so maybe he was in his teens?? thats why i'm try to figure out who this guy is?!

The word gulable (sp?) comes to mind

Close, Bill. Gullible, but either way I knew what you meant. Got to remember who started the thread. Mr. Speedracer himself! But seriously, for one to say that they raced indy cars doesn't mean that they raced them big time. There are small scale events that no one would keep records of. I did some drag racing when I was younger and except for Pomona, the places I raced at don't even exist anymore. Irwindale Raceway (the old one that's now a Miller brewery), Lions Associated Drag Strip, Fontana Dragway, Riverside Raceway, and Ontario Motor Speedway. They're all gone!

I belive that what he might call indy cars today were called champ cars in his day. They raced many places besides Indianapolis.

The sanctioning body was probably U.S.A.C. (post war), or possibly something like A.A.A. (pre-war).

Not much racing duing most of the forties, remember the war effort actually cancelled Indy for years.

Just because you can't find much on him on the internet doesn't mean he didn't race. Remember that it will not appear unless some historian places the information on the web.

I'd be interested also to know more about racing in the early years.

its ok guys, take your shots even if he didn't race in the indy's, he sure knows a hell of alot about how to drive!!! I would be thrilled to just sit down and listen to his stories, he said I could take him on a drive and he would explain the road and the lines to me! Im def. going to take him up on that!!! Oh and Fun in my z, you are such a brown noser!!!!!! LOL oh sorry about that little shot i'm only messing!