IGNORED

Carb manifold gasket for P79 head

Arne

The '71 240Z I just bought has an L28 (F54/P79) in it, complete with injection. I will be going back to SUs, but have a question, what manifold gasket? I've seen posts saying to just use a carb-type manifold gasket to cover the notch in the intake port. But I haven't seen any carb gaskets that have the later exhaust port shape for my P79 head. Am I not looking to the right suppliers? Is there a special gasket for this? Or am I just mistaken?

I just took this pic. It is a Fel-Pro gasket. You can see where the carb intakes will go. Good luck.

So the carb intakes have plenty of metal to cover the notch and still seal OK? I ask this because I don't yet have the intakes in my possession.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Is that a square port 240Z exhausy manifold on a P79 head? How's that working out for you? I was advised that it was not a good idea.
I don't think it is a square port in the pic, but it's hard to say for sure. When I did the swap I used a generic round port gasket from a local parts house. It was listed as fitting all non-turbo L28s from '77-83. Worked (and still works) fine.