IGNORED

NOS Key for a 1972 240z

Mike B

That's it exactly! I'm also attaching a picture of another type of NOS 240z key.

I recently bought a 72 with 37,000 original miles and I hoped it would come with an original key, but unfortunately it did not. I have the key code, so I'm hoping to find a blank out there some where.

post-9102-14150795959453_thumb.jpg

I have tried several in the US and they all say the same thing, that the original style key blanks haven't been available for years.

During my search for an anti-backfire valve for my ’72, which is also NLA, according to all the US Nissan parts people I have written, I found Mills Nissan in Canada. At least they took the time to quote me a price and were willing to order it from Japan for me. I ended up getting lucky and found a valve on ebay.

Perhaps Mills might be able to locate a source in Japan for key blanks.

Below is response to my anti-backfire valve part quote request.

Thank you for your email. The price on the part would be $91.84 CND. Because it has to be ordered from Japan, it can't be cancelled or returned once ordered. If you would like to order please contact myself directly at (780) 462-6170 or 1-800-813-8817.

Thank you,

Jay Klaudt

Parts Manager

Mills Nissan

3333 - 92 Street

Edmonton, AB T6N 1B9

Canada

During my search for an anti-backfire valve for my ’72, which is also NLA, according to all the US Nissan parts people I have written, I found Mills Nissan in Canada. At least they took the time to quote me a price and were willing to order it from Japan for me. I ended up getting lucky and found a valve on ebay.

Perhaps Mills might be able to locate a source in Japan for key blanks.

Below is response to my anti-backfire valve part quote request.

Thank you for your email. The price on the part would be $91.84 CND. Because it has to be ordered from Japan, it can't be cancelled or returned once ordered. If you would like to order please contact myself directly at (780) 462-6170 or 1-800-813-8817.

Thank you,

Jay Klaudt

Parts Manager

Mills Nissan

3333 - 92 Street

Edmonton, AB T6N 1B9

Canada

Thanks. I'll give them a try and let you know how it turns out.