IGNORED

New lad from Norway

ROVdriver

Hello. I am a boy from Norway, working on my first Z-car project. This is a -72 240Z imported from California, somewhere near San Fransisco.

As you can see, I've got quite an amount of work to do before I hit the road:)

This is how the car looked when I bought it, in january-05...

post-8492-14150795850878_thumb.jpg

post-8492-14150795851484_thumb.jpg

post-8492-14150795852473_thumb.jpg

post-8492-14150795852759_thumb.jpg

Nice job so far. What other plans do you have for the Z? Just to restore it or to modify it for performance?

When I was in high school I had a good friend who was an exchange student from Norway- he lives very far north, above the artic circle. Very nice guy. Are Z's at all common in Norway?

Dave

Nice job so far. What other plans do you have for the Z? Just to restore it or to modify it for performance?

When I was in high school I had a good friend who was an exchange student from Norway- he lives very far north, above the artic circle. Very nice guy. Are Z's at all common in Norway?

Dave

The car will be modified for performance, but still I want the exterior to look original. Upgraded suspension, better brakes and big wheels, new leather interior, and a RB engine :devious:

Z-car are not common in Norway, there were sold some of them new in the early 70's, but they were expensive so the common man couldn't afford them like in the US. Most of the z-cars in Norway today, are imported from US, and restored in Norway, because the ones sold new in Norway are mostly rusted to pieces.

There are a total of about 100 240z's in Norway today, but you don't see them often on the road. Many have been stored in garages around for several years, but I think the interest is increasing.

The dash has been taken care of by professionals. I have shipped the car to Lithuania to have the welding and paintjob done. Cheaper labour over there. The car is now painted Emerald Green, and will soon return to my garage in Norway. So i do the rest of the work from here myself.

I've added some more photos in my members gallery.

post-8492-14150795864148_thumb.jpg

post-8492-14150795864283_thumb.jpg